Options

Pearl Jam Muzak

GivenToFly982GivenToFly982 Posts: 46
edited February 2008 in The Porch
For those of you who don't know, Muzak is the ambient music playing over the PA in places like stores, restaurants, etc. We're used to hearing things referred to as "elevator music," easy listening, adult contemporary, pop, etc. The other night I was making a late night beer run at Wal-Mart, and imagine my surprise when I heard Yellow Ledbetter over the speaker in Wal-Mart. I had to stop what I was doing just to be sure...yep. YL, no doubt. Not long after, I was in a local Wing Stop establishment and heard Betterman playing. It kind of makes me feel old sometimes, thinking that the band I grew up listening to has infiltrated the playlists of retail establishments. Have any of you out there heard any Pearl Jam Muzak?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Pearl Jam muzak???? :eek: No!

But I was in a department store in Milan years ago and I heard this song playing over the PA. Took me ages, but I finally realized it was Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit!!! :eek:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Not sure if this counts...but Pearl Jam get played at my gym all the time. Hard Sun is also getting regular rotation.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"