Options

West Palm CD Bootleg has major sound problems

lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I heard the digital download was in rough shape so I ain't surprised..

but yikes!

I can't even listen to this..!~

Jeff's bass is the biggest part of the mix and everything else is tinny..

Ed's vocals echo (unitentionally) all over the boot..

heard they are rolling up their sleeeves on the next boots so let's hope for some 2003 bootleg series magic!
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    I hope they ain't all like that. I got the 'Roo set and may possibly get the Garden ones as well. But, if they sound like shit then there really isn't any reason.

I've gotten some old boots off the interweb and they have poor-ish sound quality. But, that's because they are actually bootleg shows, so, that's what you get.

But, I expected better from them on this. But, I may still get the MSG shows anyway y'all!
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    The Bonnaroo, Camden 2, VA Beach all sound awesome. I agree that WPB sounds like shit if you crank it up too loud, but I think it still sounds much better than the 2003 boots. They were far too muddy and not mixed well at all. The Roo boot sounds beyond fantastic and if someone says "I cant hear Mike", then they cant hear worth shit. I can hear him clearly.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    The Bonnaroo, Camden 2, VA Beach all sound awesome. I agree that WPB sounds like shit if you crank it up too loud, but I think it still sounds much better than the 2003 boots. They were far too muddy and not mixed well at all. The Roo boot sounds beyond fantastic and if someone says "I cant hear Mike", then they cant hear worth shit. I can hear him clearly.

Mike's volume only appears to be a problem with the first 2 shows. I suppose it's possible that they had their settings all ready, and then Mike's amp somehow got turned down or something. You would think that the mixing engineer would notice and turn him up, but no....
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    how about all the echo on Ed's vocals,
    Matt's backing vocals are up waay to high (severed hand) and Jeff's bass is monster loud ??
    (WPB only)
    That can't be right..

and regarding the critisism of the 2003 boots.
    what shows could you possibley be referring to?
    (really???)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    Ed's guitar is too loud on all of the boots. he drowns the rest of them out on stuff like Whipping and Betterman
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Someone wrote how Mike's non-existance is only from the first two shows, after I read that I got a chuckle since those are the only two I've purchased so far.

The quality for these shows does not match up to the standards from previous years. I dont understand how they can sell a subpar mixed show?
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08