Options

Do any other fan clubs give you a number?

edited April 2008 in The Porch
Is PJ the only band who gives better tickets to those who joined their fan club earlier? Just wondering.
PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    not that I know of....then agian, I wish tenclub would do a lottery system with some of the tickets more often. It's not my fault I was only four when Ten came out ;p
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    wilmack88 wrote:
    Is PJ the only band who gives better tickets to those who joined their fan club earlier? Just wondering.

dmb uses seniority based on when you joined their fc
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Not sure, as The Ten Club is the only fan club I have ever been a member of. And I remember long before even we had seniority or membership numbers. Back in the day the tickets from the 10C were all General Admission, as the floor back in the day was all GA too. If you opted for seats, the seats were up in the stands off the floor of a venue. And of course back then , if you wanted to be up front, you had to fight for it! :D I miss those days, kinda.

There was a great interview with Tim Beirman (the president of the 10C) a year or two ago where he talked about when they created the seniority system (when they went to seated shows on the floor) to specifically give the longtime members something extra, sort of a nod for always renewing with, or without a tour that year.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Not sure, as The Ten Club is the only fan club I have ever been a member of. And I remember long before even we had seniority or membership numbers. Back in the day the tickets from the 10C were all General Admission, as the floor back in the day was all GA too. If you opted for seats, the seats were up in the stands off the floor of a venue. And of course back then , if you wanted to be up front, you had to fight for it! :D I miss those days, kinda.

There was a great interview with Tim Beirman (the president of the 10C) a year or two ago where he talked about when they created the seniority system (when they went to seated shows on the floor) to specifically give the longtime members something extra, sort of a nod for always renewing with, or without a tour that year.

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action?id=259
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    babagigubabagigu Posts: 14
    This is not a complaint. I think the 10C is great.

However, I let my membership lapse. With the seniority system, I was never able to get a seat close to the stage, or even a ticket at all in some cases.

I understand rewarding the most senior members, so the club serves their interests quite nicely. For those who joined later (born later), it works sometimes.

Now, I just take my chances with Ticketmaster, hope for good luck before the show, or unfortunately use a scalper.

If 10C goes to a system that is more random, I'll join again.

** This is not a complaint, so kindly don't reply with insults. I'm shocked at the discourse I occasionally read on the forum.
    98 Barrie
    03 Toronto
    05 Montreal, Ottawa
    08 Vancouver 1 (Ed)
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    babagigu wrote:
    However, I let my membership lapse. With the seniority system, I was never able to get a seat close to the stage, or even a ticket at all in some cases.
    Buying tix has nothing to do with seniority. Only seating does.

I agree that seniority is kind of annoying... just because I was born much later than others doesn't mean I'm less loyal/not as big of a fan as others are.... I know the whole 1-2 rows and 9-10 rows lottery thing, but it's still highly unlikely that some of us higher numbered people will get those seats.

It just kind of sucks, but atleast 10club does what they can to get us better seats than at TM, and I appreciate being able to buy through 10c than through TM, so I'm still happy...