Options

poster question...

edited June 2008 in The Porch
so i've never gotten caught up in all this poster madness...i figure with all the stress/money needed to get and afford tickets, travel, bootlegs, etc it would just be one more thing to obsess over...

i read on here about espressobeans.com and went to check it out. it's a pretty cool site...i have a question, though...

what is the difference between 1st edition, AP edition, and AP2 edition?

i'm really just interested in the posters sold at the venue on the nights of the shows i've been to. which edition is that?

thanks in advance.
2000 - Houston (x2)
2003 - Houston, NOLA
2005 - Toronto, Mexico City (x2)
2006 - DC, NYC Avalon (Storytellers), E Rutherford (x2), SF (x3)
2007 - Chicago (Lollapalooza)
2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden (x2), DC, NYC MSG (x2), EV DC (x2)
2009 - EV Baltimore (x2)
2011 - EV SF (x2), Toronto (x2)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    AP= Artist Proof...which means it is normally signed and numbered, alot of the times they are also of better quality (ink is darker)

AP2= Artist Proof 2nd edition...second installment of a AP, don't happen all the time, maybe changed something in the print to release a AP2

1st= the first prinitng of the print that are not signed and numbered

these are listed in order of their value (AP is harder to attain than a 1st or AP2). You can only get APs through the artists and not at the shows
  • Options
    thanks for the help...for me, the cheaper the better. :-)

1st editions all the way!
    2000 - Houston (x2)
    2003 - Houston, NOLA
    2005 - Toronto, Mexico City (x2)
    2006 - DC, NYC Avalon (Storytellers), E Rutherford (x2), SF (x3)
    2007 - Chicago (Lollapalooza)
    2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden (x2), DC, NYC MSG (x2), EV DC (x2)
    2009 - EV Baltimore (x2)
    2011 - EV SF (x2), Toronto (x2)
  • Options
    thanks for the help...for me, the cheaper the better. :-)

1st editions all the way!

no problem. A good A/P is really hard to get so if your a novice to poster buying you won't have to worry about it. For example, the Kenyon Hall poster sold out of 1st editions on pj.com in about 15-30 seconds... but the Kenyon Hall A/Ps on Artillery sold out even faster with site crashes and all kinds of chaos. Obviously they are worth more than the 1st edition to the people that buy them, plus they were $10 more. A/P's are normally pretty close to the same price as a 1st edition when you buy them first hand, but when you get them off ebay or expressobeans they are always priced about 50% higher than a 1st...just hard as hell to get
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    thunderDAN wrote:
    AP2= Artist Proof 2nd edition...second installment of a AP, don't happen all the time, maybe changed something in the print to release a AP2

AP2 = Artist Proof (2nd Edition) = milk it for every Dollar you can*

*http://www.bigpopposters.com/posterMain.asp?Category=1
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    AP2 = Artist Proof (2nd Edition) = milk it for every Dollar you can*

*http://www.bigpopposters.com/posterMain.asp?Category=1

haha I know, I always look at those to see if they are still available.

I want to shake the idiots hand that buys that Philly for $500

edit, now actually since I looked again, they are all ridiculously over priced. It basically goes against everything the band stands against but ohwell I don't need to buy one and support the green disease. Alteast Klausen doesn't do that crap