Options

Johan Santana and Pearl Jam...

patchesHoulihanpatchesHoulihan Posts: 42
edited November 2007 in The Porch
.... If you won the auction to sit with Theo Epstein and Stone Gossard, there is a chance you could see Johan Santana pitch for the red sox.....
Wouldn't it be a kick in the crotch for yankees fans if the red sox get Johan Santana?

Theo, make the deal happen!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    i hope they play the yankees for that game and loose to them ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    God it would be so great if the sox are able to land Santana, but I don't want to see them dilute their young guys too much. I'm hoping they can get it done with a Crisp/Lester/minor leaguer(s) deal....would hate to see Bucholtz go because he seems to be a very promising pitcher and damn sure don't want to see Ellsbury shipped off.

Of course, even if the sox aren't able to get a deal done maybe the Yanks will end up giving up way too much for Santana even further depleting their chances being any match for the beantown boys in the near future....Santana would help them of course but he would be only the start to correcting their problems
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    I'll be sad to see Santana leave Minnesota but he is commanding more money than the Twins (with the richest owner in baseball) are willing to spend. I just want him to go to anyone but the Yankees!!! And really, I just want a fair deal for him. I really think what the BoSox are offering is the least attractive deal out of all the rumors I've heard and the Yankees or Dodgers offers are most attractive. I shudder to think of Johan in pinstripes. I hate the damn Yankees
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I hope the Red Sox and the Yankees fall off the face of the earth. :p
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    s_rockvam wrote:
    I'll be sad to see Santana leave Minnesota but he is commanding more money than the Twins (with the richest owner in baseball) are willing to spend. I just want him to go to anyone but the Yankees!!! And really, I just want a fair deal for him. I really think what the BoSox are offering is the least attractive deal out of all the rumors I've heard and the Yankees or Dodgers offers are most attractive. I shudder to think of Johan in pinstripes. I hate the damn Yankees

exactly if you don't spend this day & age you sit in midiocrocy wich is what your twins are, and i'm sure santana is getting tired of almost being good enough almost doesn't cut it ,the red sox finally realized this process that is why they are now the team to beat ,i'm hopping somehow he ends up with the mets as long as he doesn't end up in boston ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    exactly if you don't spend this day & age you sit in midiocrocy wich is what your twins are, and i'm sure santana is getting tired of almost being good enough almost doesn't cut it ,the red sox finally realized this process that is why they are now the team to beat ,i'm hopping somehow he ends up with the mets as long as he doesn't end up in boston ...
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Twins have had better luck with baseball wins than Boston. Wasn't Boston a loosing team up until just a few seasons ago?
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    I hope the Red Sox and the Yankees fall off the face of the earth. :p

nobody would watch baseball ;)
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    brainofjb wrote:

I damn sure wouldn't!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    NotForMeNotForMe Posts: 100
    It would be nice if the Twins could keep him instead of having everyone end up on teams that spend $200M on salry each year. Time for a salary cap!
  • Options
    brainofjb wrote:

As long as I've got my Twinkies and Cubbies I'll watch baseball.
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?