Options

How much do tix brokers jack up prices?

CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Like many of you I will be doing my best to score some MSG Tix through 10c.I've hade some shitty luck lately and I think it will tough. If this doesn't pan out how much does a place like stub hub raise a ticket that lets say goes for about $80. Is there a ceiling on what they can charge?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Like many of you I will be doing my best to score some MSG Tix through 10c.I've hade some shitty luck lately and I think it will tough. If this doesn't pan out how much does a place like stub hub raise a ticket that lets say goes for about $80. Is there a ceiling on what they can charge?

nope
    expect seats down front to go for at least $400-500
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Sky's the limit dude...the open market system at its best - they are fucking parasites - do your research and know the market. I used Stubhub for the EV tour...I was probably a little quick to buy my tickets after missing out on the public on sale date and paid a hefty premium, prices have settled down now...sometimes it pays to wait a little. If there are a ton of tickets available, the closer it gets to the day of the show, the more pressure on the seller to move them - that said, if you wait too long, they'll try to capitalize on the "last minute market". Good luck.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    mjb wrote:
    Sky's the limit dude...the open market system at its best - they are fucking parasites - do your research and know the market. I used Stubhub for the EV tour...I was probably a little quick to buy my tickets after missing out on the public on sale date and paid a hefty premium, prices have settled down now...sometimes it pays to wait a little. If there are a ton of tickets available, the closer it gets to the day of the show, the more pressure on the seller to move them - that said, if you wait too long, they'll try to capitalize on the "last minute market". Good luck.

Good advice, If I dont get 10c tix I will wait cause there are so many brokers someone is gonna have seats couple of weeks before show. They try to prey on peoples emotions early after getting shut out everywhere elso so they profit like bastards
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    until your ass bleeds
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2