Options

Falling Down

tbayjamheadtbayjamhead Posts: 12
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Whatever became of this song? Why was it dropped from the setlist entirely after only being played once? It's a great song, would have loved to hear this song after it had been developed a bit more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Yeah I dunno, my guess is this... It was either an out take or it was written on the road... it never made and album but I'm sure there is a studio version out there... some where... it would be great to get it on a lost dogs 2 type album.
  • Options
    It was definitely recorded since you can see it written on some tape boxes inside Lost Dogs. My guess is that they just don't like it. Why did they add harmonica to "Footsteps" and remove the vocals from "Brother" and re-record the vocals on a bunch of old songs and where is "Just A Girl"? Lame decisions.
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I kind of always thought they didn't release it since the music was used on the Rockfords album too.
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I don't buy the idea that they just don't like it. It is too great of a song. How could anyone not like it:)
  • Options
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    I don't buy the idea that they just don't like it. It is too great of a song. How could anyone not like it:)

As I said, HOW could they make "Brother" an instrumental? HOW could they ditch "Just A Girl"? WHERE is "Leatherman"? etc....
  • Options
    What about the improv right before RVM at the State College show in 2003? I love it and it seems like it could've been developed into something....
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    always loved this song and the original Brother

I love this version of brother the best... it's different from the one that was circulating pre lost dogs... it's so good.

http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/Anything%20in%20Between/Brother.mp3