Options

West Palm Beach Boot Reviews?

SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Anyone who has downloaded it, please post your review of it. How does it sound? Did you get FLAC or MP3? Do the MP3's do that weird two songs in one file thing?

I am considering buying it, but would like to know what people think first.

Thanks!
Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    all shows sound pretty good, plus if you were there... it's always nice to have the shows you lived!
    Just get it!!!!
    "We as individuals are art...Our minds are the beauty!"
  • Options
    all shows sound pretty good, plus if you were there... it's always nice to have the shows you lived!
    Just get it!!!!

That doesn't help at all, but thanks for the sentiment.
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    I got the mp3. It sounds fine. I'm not sure what you mean about the two songs in one file thing. That has nothing to do with mp3s vs FLAC or CD. It all depends on where the sound engineer decides to arbitrarily put the track breaks. Sometimes they don't feel there's a natural track break and so they include 2 songs on one track. But if they do that, it's going to be that way on the CD, the FLAC files, and the mp3s.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    Oh, but to answer your question, no, there are no 2-song tracks on this boot.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    RockKing wrote:
    Oh, but to answer your question, no, there are no 2-song tracks on this boot.

That is exactly what I meant. Thanks!
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    The "two song on a track" thing was a Basecamp problem, I think. Their "song segue" excuse made no fucking sense because they still split some tracks apart that segued, while other 2-in-1 tracks DIDN'T segue! Basically, whoever was in charge of splitting the files at Basecamp was retarded. (The European shows had sector boundary errors at the track splits too...not exactly professional.) Hopefully, the new boots will be free of such nonsense.
  • Options
    How is the sound quality? Especially compared to other tours - any better quality than the 2006 tour?