Leaving 10c membership

Comments

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Leaving??

No more Christmas single you can't play because you have no turntable.
    No more magazines with blurred pics.

You must be insane!

Now if only anther 350000 of you fuckers would leave I'll be right up there.
  • Peace out!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    albertgt wrote:
    I'm dissapointed that my membership number dropped from 198000's to the 412000's, I believe I had a few months lapse once a long time ago. But I have been a member since 2000 so I feel like that was a crappy way to treat members.

I can get better seats off stubhub and friends with tickets to special shows. I saw them at lollapalooza 2008 and that was every fan for himself, so i got a way better spot there than having to suffer through 10c tickets. I got to see them at the beacon theater with a friend who had tickets, and that was also a lot easier and less betraying than letting 10c shaft me up the buns.

Now that I can get new album releases including the hard bound packaging and the vinyls from Independent record stores and Target, I have no need to pre-order them through 10c's goods store and suffer from late shipments, incorrect shipments, and missing items (yes i've had all 3 problems happen to me)

My renewal is coming up this month. I know this doesn't reflect the band, it reflects the dissapointing policies and slow overhead of 10c. Yah i know, i won't get the xmas vinyls or the newsletter. But so what - I enjoy hearing them at the concerts, that's what matters.

I won't give you shit about it. I'm planning to do the same. Mine has lapsed right now, but it's still in the grace period. I get pretty good seats (187XXX) but I figure I could do just as well buying tickets on my own. Honestly, I couldn't give a shit about the newsletter or the holiday single, so all I'm in for is the tickets and the occasional exclusive (like the Vic). But I already had lightning strike once for that, so I figure it's someone else's turn, and since they only tour where I can see them every 2-3 years, I might as well save the membership $ and scalp. I don't travel to follow the band like I used to, so it just doesn't seem to make much sense to me. The thing I use the most is this place, and it isn't worth $20 a year ;)
  • Here hear..see you guys! Good luck playing the senority lotto! 10C just isn't worth it anymore..times have changed. I've gotten better tickets on ticketbastard without service fees .
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Here hear..see you guys! Good luck playing the senority lotto! 10C just isn't worth it anymore..times have changed. I've gotten better tickets on ticketbastard without service fees .

It was worth it for me to join before I ever knew about seniority and ticketing.

The fact that I get great seats is just a bonus.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    nuffingman wrote:
    Leaving??

No more Christmas single you can't play because you have no turntable.
    No more magazines with blurred pics.

You must be insane!

Now if only anther 350000 of you fuckers would leave I'll be right up there.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ,,me too..keep u company..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Wilds wrote:
    Here hear..see you guys! Good luck playing the senority lotto! 10C just isn't worth it anymore..times have changed. I've gotten better tickets on ticketbastard without service fees .

It was worth it for me to join before I ever knew about seniority and ticketing.

Preytell why?
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    beinga once big collector it's worth it to me to stay I live for my Christmas singles, and seeing that I HAVE to have a turntable to listen to it on ( that and all my old school punk rock records, not to mention my full Doors collection and The Beatles, and old Metallica on lpetc) so I think I'll stick around :D
  • quote="demetrios"quote="UnthoughtKnown"quote="demetrios"quote="theboxerorthebag"How many years can you renew at a time? /quote]

sweet.jpg

As much as you want.
    And yes, my membership number is 1! 8-)[/quote]

you're number 1??? get the f outta here[/quote]

jeff owed me a solid and so he passed me down his 10club number! :mrgreen:
    j/k man. my number is in the 100,000's. :)[/quote]
    So you know Jeff 8-) Do me a favor, tell Jeff to tell Eddie to call me. Tell him it's TheBeach. Thanks ;)
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    Wilds wrote:

Preytell why?

Well I keep everything I get from the Ten Club..... but let's say I wanted to turn around and sell the holiday single and two deep magazines, I would be able to score $20.00 back easily.

Now on top of that I have opportunities to attend special events. If I could have made it to Chicago I would have been in for the Vic show. How much is that worth? Well for anyone who went on Fan Club opportunity I would guess far more than they ever spent on membership dues.

I had a chance to get into the Fonda show for free in 06. I didn't win, but those who did probably think the membership has been worth it.

Don't think it adds any monetary value, but the fact that I frequent this board and post a bit makes me happy. That is added value from the membership.

Member only contests and giveaways. They don't happen too often, but it's fun when they do.

Collectibles. I've ordered plenty of merchandise and posters that only members have access to. That is good for me, not everyone I understand, but good for me.

And add on to that the fact that I have received great seats for EV solo shows, as well as all the Pearl Jam shows.... well $20.00 is a steal. IMO. (even without the ticket opportunities).
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    I'd be afraid to renew for several years at a time, afraid that come 2021 I'd be senile and forget. :)

If I renew until 2021 and I drop dead can I bequeath my 70xxx number to my dependents?

“I’ve got this thing and it’s f—-ing golden, I’m not giving it up for f—-ing nothing. I’m not gonna do it." :twisted:

Peace,
    KJ
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    we have a WINNER! I agree with Wilds 100%.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,905
    Prepaying many years in advance is poor financial management. Some basic principles are to deposit cash as soon as possible and pay bills as late as possible without incurring penalties. You're just dispensing cash which could be used in the short term without any additional benefit. For example, there's no offer like renewing for 5 years and as a result getting your 10c number lowered, or anything like that. Nowadays, 10c sends an e-mail reminding you that your membership is going to expire. So the 10c renewal is no different than an insurance renewal or renewing a magazine subscription. I don't think $20-$25 once a year is too bad. Everybody has their own financial situation and priorities which need to be weighed against the benefits 10c membership provides vs. other priorities. For me, the $ to renew is no big deal. I'm not sure how anybody that cares would let their membership lapse. The reminder e-mail is really convenient.

I have a mediocre number #251xxx. I thought I was forever banned to having mediocre to bad seats. But at LA3, I had very good seats, non lottery. I have all of the singles unopened. One day they may more than pay for the membership if I had to go that route. I dunno, it doesn't seem to be something people should get so emotional about.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    TheBeach wrote:
    So you know Jeff 8-) Do me a favor, tell Jeff to tell Eddie to call me. Tell him it's TheBeach. Thanks ;)

Will do! :)
  • Funny how most of the disgruntled members don't have member numbers in the 100's. Those of us that do, and know what sitting in the first 10 rows is like, are more than willing to drop $20 a year for freaking fantastic seats. And a single.

How can we piss off all the members under 114 because I'd like to move up?
  • how about if we aim for numbers under 8300 because that is where I am :D
    Funny how most of the disgruntled members don't have member numbers in the 100's. Those of us that do, and know what sitting in the first 10 rows is like, are more than willing to drop $20 a year for freaking fantastic seats. And a single.

• Must be nice! :shock:
    how about if we aim for numbers under 8300 because that is where I am :D
    Funny how most of the disgruntled members don't have member numbers in the 100's. Those of us that do, and know what sitting in the first 10 rows is like, are more than willing to drop $20 a year for freaking fantastic seats. And a single.

• whoops I knew that was wrong. I meant 83000, dropped a zero there.
    Must be nice! :shock:

• whoops I knew that was wrong. I meant 83000, dropped a zero there.

[/quote]

Then I take it back!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Wilds wrote:
    Well I keep everything I get from the Ten Club..... but let's say I wanted to turn around and sell the holiday single and two deep magazines, I would be able to score $20.00 back easily.

Now on top of that I have opportunities to attend special events. If I could have made it to Chicago I would have been in for the Vic show. How much is that worth? Well for anyone who went on Fan Club opportunity I would guess far more than they ever spent on membership dues.

I had a chance to get into the Fonda show for free in 06. I didn't win, but those who did probably think the membership has been worth it.

Don't think it adds any monetary value, but the fact that I frequent this board and post a bit makes me happy. That is added value from the membership.

Member only contests and giveaways. They don't happen too often, but it's fun when they do.

Collectibles. I've ordered plenty of merchandise and posters that only members have access to. That is good for me, not everyone I understand, but good for me.

And add on to that the fact that I have received great seats for EV solo shows, as well as all the Pearl Jam shows.... well $20.00 is a steal. IMO. (even without the ticket opportunities).

the opportunity to score Vic tickets alone was worth 15+ years of membership fees in my case. the 13+ years of outstanding PJ tix, and most recently eV tix, is just gravy,...

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Nah, it's not just the ones with good numbers that are happy and not going anywhere... I have a crappy number and am never letting my membership lapse again, $20 per year is well worth it and I'm just busting with love for this band still and I don't see that changing. Bring on Philly! ;)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    Prepaying many years in advance is poor financial management. Some basic principles are to deposit cash as soon as possible and pay bills as late as possible without incurring penalties. You're just dispensing cash which could be used in the short term without any additional benefit. For example, there's no offer like renewing for 5 years and as a result getting your 10c number lowered, or anything like that. Nowadays, 10c sends an e-mail reminding you that your membership is going to expire. So the 10c renewal is no different than an insurance renewal or renewing a magazine subscription. I don't think $20-$25 once a year is too bad. Everybody has their own financial situation and priorities which need to be weighed against the benefits 10c membership provides vs. other priorities. For me, the $ to renew is no big deal. I'm not sure how anybody that cares would let their membership lapse. The reminder e-mail is really convenient.

I have a mediocre number #251xxx. I thought I was forever banned to having mediocre to bad seats. But at LA3, I had very good seats, non lottery. I have all of the singles unopened. One day they may more than pay for the membership if I had to go that route. I dunno, it doesn't seem to be something people should get so emotional about.

Well anyone who is pre-paying is probably not looking at the investment implications, BUT I will say this, if membership dues ever go up (and they are overdue to), then those of us with long paid dues will benefit from having been grandfathered in at the lower cost.

That is a risk reward scenario, as is the idea that if they broke up next year, I would have thrown away some cash.... but none of that is a concern for me.

I like seeing the expiration date at 2014, and if I get the inspiration it might soon say 2022. 8-)
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    it is $20 a year, you could drop that on the ground and lose it, you might be pissed off for an hour, but then you forget about it.
    or how bout i put it this way. It coust you about 5.5 cents a day to be in the 10c :o

think of the things that you might miss and be pissed off about, and all because you did not want to pay 5.5 cents a day
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    [cosmo said]I like the Summer Single and the newsletter

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    it is $20 a year, you could drop that on the ground and lose it, you might be pissed off for an hour, but then you forget about it.
    or how bout i put it this way. It coust you about 5.5 cents a day to be in the 10c :o

think of the things that you might miss and be pissed off about, and all because you did not want to pay 5.5 cents a day

You are right - I bet a lot of people here spend more than that at a single show on beer.

Will never let my membership lapse - joined in 02 and its nice to be moving up. I may forget to pay the electric bill on occasion, but never my 10C membership :lol:
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    albertgt wrote:
    I'm dissapointed that my membership number dropped from 198000's to the 412000's, I believe I had a few months lapse once a long time ago. But I have been a member since 2000 so I feel like that was a crappy way to treat members.

I can get better seats off stubhub and friends with tickets to special shows. I saw them at lollapalooza 2008 and that was every fan for himself, so i got a way better spot there than having to suffer through 10c tickets. I got to see them at the beacon theater with a friend who had tickets, and that was also a lot easier and less betraying than letting 10c shaft me up the buns.

Now that I can get new album releases including the hard bound packaging and the vinyls from Independent record stores and Target, I have no need to pre-order them through 10c's goods store and suffer from late shipments, incorrect shipments, and missing items (yes i've had all 3 problems happen to me)

My renewal is coming up this month. I know this doesn't reflect the band, it reflects the dissapointing policies and slow overhead of 10c. Yah i know, i won't get the xmas vinyls or the newsletter. But so what - I enjoy hearing them at the concerts, that's what matters.

Yah this is a rant, but I gotta say something, if something's wrong, I'm not gonna hide it.

Bye people. Long live pearl jam. :|

:P
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    MEMBERSHIP INFO
    Your membership is current. Your membership will expire on Nov 1, 2014

Your member number is ..

there is always a way to keep your membership number :D

Last time I called and asked the club told me my member number was on the shipping label of my holiday single. My original number was 5 digits.
    I had a number in the 100,000's. I had a number in 170,000's I had also had number 231709. A few in the 400,000 and 500,000. Now it's 600,000 maybe. It's just a random number. I've had so many. I can't look through years of mailing labels to list them all. I've never needed it for anything any ways

Honestly? I really don't think it matters. But have fun Dude?
    Don't let it expire if you like numbers.

Do you really think you are leaving????
  • Sweet, all I need is another 300k or so of these and I will be top 10!
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2
  • What does the number do? Ive let my membership lapse like 3 times.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    You realize the original post is from 2009, right?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore