Options

what REALLY sucks is...

edited March 2008 in The Porch
The only shows I cannot attend are the ones that are wide open!

I have the $$, I just am not available workwise.

On top of that I have a kick ass 10c # and I would have good seats.

I question the sanity of anyone not from NY who was traveling to NY and not travelling to the south.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Sorry dude, That sucks. YOou should try to work on your boss a bit more. Maybe things can be moved around a bit. Don't give up hope just yet.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    The only shows I cannot attend are the ones that are wide open!

I have the $$, I just am not available workwise.

On top of that I have a kick ass 10c # and I would have good seats.

I question the sanity of anyone not from NY who was traveling to NY and not travelling to the south.

i hear ya, seeing all the south shows still have tickets is kind of frustrating after the fiasco yesterday and the fiasco I'm about to go to today. If any of those shows were a weekend i would definitely have to consider going.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • Options
    Sorry dude, That sucks. YOou should try to work on your boss a bit more. Maybe things can be moved around a bit. Don't give up hope just yet.

to top it off my boss is a real A-HOLE!! (I'm self employed)

work has been sparse this year so I gotta take whatever comes.

I mortgage enough of my marriage for Pearl Jam that if I actually turned down work in a mediocre year to go to a bunch of shows I would find myself divorced.

have a great day
  • Options
    i feel your pain. not only can't i go (for some of them i will be out of the country on my honeymoon!), but for DC and SC (and possibly FL) I woulda had a free place to crash.

ARRRGH!!!
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    agreed!
    i have said to EVERYone who has the time and inclination...to travel SOUTH! i would be there in a heartbeat. i have a mediocre #, but it would STILL fare so much better. however, hubby and i already planned our vacation time for june, ad it thankfully coincides beautifully with the DC and both MSGs.

i've traveled a LOT for pearl jam these last few years, still doing a bit with DC...but overall, especially with ticket prices AND my husband joining me for all shows/travels whereas in the past i went solo/with friends......better this way. probably spending just as much, but we both get to enjoy.

it is an absolute TAUNT seeing all those southern shows still available. 10c sale ends friday tho yes? so at least don't have to keep seeing those tickets. :p happy with the shows i am attending, but i hear ya!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    Yeah, if I had the whole month of June off, I would have snapped up some of those southern shows in a heartbeat.

But I'm not available to travel until after the 20th, so it limited my options. I decided to shoot for MSG, just because of the mystique of the place. If I had been shut out, I would be trying for Hartford and/or Mansfield today.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    ive seen the light and have snapped up a pair for wpb and tampa, coming over from england i may aswell enjoy the florida sun and make a proper holiday out of it rather than a few days in a ny city paying $250+ for shitty hotels too :D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........