Options

More Vedder solo tickets available on ticketmaster!

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited February 2008 in The Porch
...not right now, but sometimes more tickets get released in the weeks/days leading up to the show.

Just something to think about for anyone who got shut out.

I was able to get floor seats for some friends for LA1 in July 2006 after the show had been announced as sold out; I found them the day before the actual show.

I was also able to get supposedly "sold out" tickets to see Wilco at the Wiltern in 2004 by logging on to ticketmaster a few days before the show.

It is kind of risky to wait until the last minute, true, but if it's ticketmaster or nothing for anyone, there is still hope.
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    ALWAYS keep trying
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    aren't those usually "production seats"? once the stage has been constructed they add and/or release seats.....however, i'm wondering if that would be the case for this tour....i don't think there will be that much "staging"

but yea, never give up hope....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    aren't those usually "production seats"? once the stage has been constructed they add and/or release seats.....however, i'm wondering if that would be the case for this tour....i don't think there will be that much "staging"

but yea, never give up hope....:)

That would make sense with the floor seats I got for the PJ show at the Forum, since they were right next to the soundboard.

Wouldn't make much sense for the last-minute Wilco show, since they were up in the mezzanine, nowhere near any sort of staging.

So I'm not sure if staging is always the reason, although it might be.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I bought tickets this past Friday for the Will Ferrell comedy concert that had been sold out for weeks at Radio City Music Hall. Tickets were about 15 rows from the stage and 5 rows behind Brooke Shields, which was a nice view. Also I bought PJ for the Wachovia 2005 show the day before the show and they were lower level on Stone's side in the wings. Great seats. As Get Right said,keep trying!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    That would make sense with the floor seats I got for the PJ show at the Forum, since they were right next to the soundboard.

Wouldn't make much sense for the last-minute Wilco show, since they were up in the mezzanine, nowhere near any sort of staging.

So I'm not sure if staging is always the reason, although it might be.

not saying always but that's one of the reasons....:)
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Sometimes a block of seats are held back for the performer, industry people, etc. If they aren't used they can get released to TM to sell. I've had luck pulling up tix on the day of for sold out shows in the past, so you never know.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    merkinball wrote:
    Sometimes a block of seats are held back for the performer, industry people, etc. If they aren't used they can get released to TM to sell. I've had luck pulling up tix on the day of for sold out shows in the past, so you never know.

there are all kinds of ticket "holds"

keep a sharp eye out and you can get GREAT seats this way
    but
    it happens quick