Options

Problems with Immagine DVD

danedane Posts: 1,062
edited December 2007 in The Porch
My girlfriend gave me the Immagine in cornice DVD for christmas. Today I finally had the time to put it on and.........nothing!! My dvd player writes "cannot play"! Arrghhh! The player works with other dvd's.
Think I saw a thread inhere about somebody having the same problem, but I can't find it.
Any help would be appreciated. Please don't tell me I have to send it back and wait another month or 2 to see it.

My girlfriend wont be home untill tomorrow, I'm sick and looks like I'll be for new years too and now I can't watch Immagine. An all out shitty day!! :(
Roskilde 30-06-00
Berlin 23-09-06
Copenhagen 26-06-07
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
"This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i got my dvd off 10c it was the wrong format for europe dvd players,i got back intouch with 10c and they said they will sort it out...still waiting,i bought a 2nd copy from hmv,so i got there in the end....
    paris96,manchester2000,astoria2006,dublin2006,
    london2007,copenhagen2007,shepards bush empire 2009,
    rotterdam 2009,manchester 2009,london 2009.belfast 2010,berlin 2010.
  • Options
    Region codes suck. I hope you get to enjoy the DVD sooner, rather than later.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    see if your player can be hacked to play region 1 dvd's:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help!
    Kinda hard to believe that it's a simple region code error. If so, isn't that a little unpro by 10C?
    Can't find the region code anywhere on the cover. But the back says "For sale or rental for private home use in USA and Canada only"??

@Darkstar: Looked through the dvdhack thing and my dvd player is listed. But I didn't understand how it works? Is it a file to download or a magic riddle to say?
    EDIT: Found the description. Looks way to complicated! Files to download, using laptop with a port which name I can't pronounce and entering codes and stuff? No thanks. For all I know I could be entering the selfdestruction code. But thanks for the help.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    Thanks for all the help!
    Kinda hard to believe that it's a simple region code error. If so, isn't that a little unpro by 10C?
    Can't find the region code anywhere on the cover. But the back says "For sale or rental for private home use in USA and Canada only"??

@Darkstar: Looked through the dvdhack thing and my dvd player is listed. But I didn't understand how it works? Is it a file to download or a magic riddle to say?
    which player do you have? a lot of the hacks are more like a "magic riddle to say" where you access a hidden menu and enable multiple regions or select a specific region each time you have a dvd you want to watch.

ds
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    which player do you have? a lot of the hacks are more like a "magic riddle to say" where you access a hidden menu and enable multiple regions or select a specific region each time you have a dvd you want to watch.

ds

I have a Sony DVP-NS333. Seems like it's same hack as for the NS330.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    I have a Sony DVP-NS333. Seems like it's same hack as for the NS330.
    yeah...apparently your dvd player can only be hacked via infra red codes. kinda laborious. alternatively, you can make your DVD-ROM / DVD Writer Region Free and play the dvd with a Software DVD Player Region Free

http://www.videohelp.com/play#dvdregionfree

ds
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    yeah...apparently your dvd player can only be hacked via infra red codes. kinda laborious. alternatively, you can make your DVD-ROM / DVD Writer Region Free and play the dvd with a Software DVD Player Region Free

http://www.videohelp.com/play#dvdregionfree

ds

Hmm. Didn't think of that. I'll contact 10C first though and see what they have to say. Hoping I can get the money back and just go buy it instead of waiting for the snailmail to arrive.
    Thanks again.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07