Ticket Agencies Suck

Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
edited July 2008 in The Porch
How do they already have tix's for EV Solo tour? They go on sale tomorrow
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    More than likely they have season tickets to many of the venues and I think on the day the show actually goes on sale they have a bot system that allows them to bypass the passwords. They also have people in line that work for the agency that buy tickets that way too. So like if 10 people work for a ticket broker agency (stubb hub, Ticket attractions or whatever) each person can buy the limited amount. So 10 people in line can get 80 tickets to one show fpr a show with an 8 person ticket limit). Ticket master is also universal, so that is how they can get ahold of shows for multiple cities. I'm basing this on a report the news did with an agency which sparked a massive uproar during the Hannah Montanna tour. They interviewed the head hancho of one of those brokers and he basically spilled the beans. Though it is infuriating, it is infact perfectly legal for the agencies to do this.
    Though, the Agencies lose so much money I'm not sure how they stay in business or get x amount of cash for tickets, most likely brokers for corporations that invest in the company is the only legit way I can see as them getting that much money for tickets to so many shows, sporting events ect.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    I am glad ticket brokers exist.

Occasionally it is convenient to turn to them for tickets when I cannot get tickets on my own. These EV shows go onsale during the week, luckily I work for myself so I can get my own but I know plenty of people that would rather pay a few hundred extra to a broker instead of taking a personal day.

I am especially glad that the "small time, ebay/stubhub" ticket brokers exist because they have driven the market price waaaaay down in the secondary ticket market.

For most shows as long as you can wait until the last week or so before the date, you can get very good seats for near or even some times less than face value.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    a8l wrote:
    I am glad ticket brokers exist.

Occasionally it is convenient to turn to them for tickets when I cannot get tickets on my own. These EV shows go onsale during the week, luckily I work for myself so I can get my own but I know plenty of people that would rather pay a few hundred extra to a broker instead of taking a personal day.

I am especially glad that the "small time, ebay/stubhub" ticket brokers exist because they have driven the market price waaaaay down in the secondary ticket market.

For most shows as long as you can wait until the last week or so before the date, you can get very good seats for near or even some times less than face value.
    This is also true. Especially with scalpers outside the venue because they would rather make some money (even 20 bucks for a 50 dollar ticket) is better than throwing it in the trash.So going to the venue on the day of the show is an option too, FYI though: Scalping at some venues on the street is illegal and people can be arrested. So just be careful and know the venue's policy when dealing it on the premises.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12