Options

Why not just allow ten club seats one time

SpinbrettSpinbrett Posts: 251
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Use priority seating for ONE show. Some people buy show after show after show and sit in the first 5 rows EVERY time. Sorry, thats not fair either! You should get preferential seating to ONE show. That would help with the bitching. I joined in like 1999-2000 and my seats have always SUCKED. If they dont use the one show idea or randon next time PJ comes through, then I'm lookin for the best scalper deal. I would at least like to see them close ONE time, some of you have done that many, many times. Let some other people have an up close and personal experience. The real greed seems to lie in the senior members. Go ahead cry away.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Spinbrett wrote:
    Use priority seating for ONE show. Some people buy show after show after show and sit in the first 5 rows EVERY time. Sorry, thats not fair either! You should get preferential seating to ONE show. That would help with the bitching. I joined in like 1999-2000 and my seats have always SUCKED. If they dont use the one show idea or randon next time PJ comes through, then I'm lookin for the best scalper deal. I would at least like to see them close ONE time, some of you have done that many, many times. Let some other people have an up close and personal experience. The real greed seems to lie in the senior members. Go ahead cry away.

Can you define "sucked"? Do you mean, not first 5 rows? Cause I joined in about 03/04 and my seats have never sucked.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Only idea I've ever liked is first 5-10 rows lottery (preferably based on profile location), then seniority. Seniority is a good thing, and those who "abuse" it are collecting their dues.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,420
    Spinbrett wrote:

Seems like someone else has started crying first!
  • Options
    Im not crying, trust me, I'll be sitting up close, with or without ten club. I dont care paying the $$. I'm done sitting in row 40+ while people that live on the other side of the country sit in row 2 and thats the 3rd straight show they've done that. seniority is outdated and not useful
  • Options
    Spinbrett wrote:
    Im not crying, trust me, I'll be sitting up close, with or without ten club. I dont care paying the $$. I'm done sitting in row 40+ while people that live on the other side of the country sit in row 2 and thats the 3rd straight show they've done that. seniority is outdated and not useful

You tell 'em kid, thata boy!
  • Options
    Spinbrett wrote:
    I joined in 99 as well and I have been always 40+ rows. There's no easy solution to this for 10 club. No matter what happens, someone loses. Just like life.
  • Options
    balicki, ya, they say "be patient" you'll move up in seniority...thats a lie. In 8 years, my seats have always sucked, and still do. You have a better chance of getting season tickets for the Lakers then moving up in the ten club. I'm done waiting on them. Years ago, I rmember you requested a show and mailed in a post-card. They then assigned seats. If they did this again and limited member to ONE show, people would actually move up in rows at the concert. I'm going to continue to stay a member for the holiday singles, deep magazine etc. but if they dont fix the seniority glitch, I will be hitting all the ticket brokers/scalpers looking for the first 5 rows. The sad thing is I'm here in the midwest too, not even in the hot spots like MSG. I'm just going to get use to putting tax return money aside in case they tour, and use that to pay whatever I have too.
  • Options
    Your statement, "I would at least like to see them close ONE time", so closely echoes my feelings.

I'm not complaining or anything, I just would at least like to see them close ONE time.

Seems like a caste system in India where based on my 10c number, I will never see them close even ONE time.

Maybe once, I'll spend big money on some ticket broker and get there. Maybe I'll go for 10c seats and get broker seats and throw away the lesser seats.

I remember somewhere in the northeast, I think in 05, maybe in 03 where there was a glitch and high 10c numbers sat in front, and low 10c numbers sat where the high 10c numbers usually sit. Talk about whining. I remember all the posts from the people who have sat in the 1st few rows dozens of times, whining about such unjust treatment. I laughed my ass off. I think it was in Grand Rapids or somewhere like that but forgot the year.

It would be cool if 10c members got 2000 treatment for one home show. I know that would be so hard to administer. I think best bet is to go to a venue where some agency gets dibbs on a block of seats better than 10c's. Happens rarely but happens. Maybe once I'll just do that. My number isn't horrible. In the mid 2xx,xxx range. What's a new 10c number anyway these days? Near 500,000?
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    You have to remember... Seniority seating only came into play is 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2006. That is 4 Tours, with the last TWO being an all you can afford deal. '98 and 2000 were One Pair per tour and you had to fight it out with TicketMaster Online or ChargeLine.
    I think it'a a good thing... I also think it's time to share with the rest of the club members.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Your statement, "I would at least like to see them close ONE time", so closely echoes my feelings.

I'm not complaining or anything, I just would at least like to see them close ONE time.

Seems like a caste system in India where based on my 10c number, I will never see them close even ONE time.

Maybe once, I'll spend big money on some ticket broker and get there. Maybe I'll go for 10c seats and get broker seats and throw away the lesser seats.

I remember somewhere in the northeast, I think in 05, maybe in 03 where there was a glitch and high 10c numbers sat in front, and low 10c numbers sat where the high 10c numbers usually sit. Talk about whining. I remember all the posts from the people who have sat in the 1st few rows dozens of times, whining about such unjust treatment. I laughed my ass off. I think it was in Grand Rapids or somewhere like that but forgot the year.

It would be cool if 10c members got 2000 treatment for one home show. I know that would be so hard to administer. I think best bet is to go to a venue where some agency gets dibbs on a block of seats better than 10c's. Happens rarely but happens. Maybe once I'll just do that. My number isn't horrible. In the mid 2xx,xxx range. What's a new 10c number anyway these days? Near 500,000?

Once they take away seniority, we will then have to wait in line for bread, and Levi's will only be sold on the black market!

Workers unite!
    :)