Bonnaroo VIP?

rmst09rmst09 Posts: 57
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Does anyone with any Bonnaroo experience have any feedback on the VIP package? I'm sure that the parking and camping are great for convenience but I'm more interested in the stage seating. What is the proximity to the stage? Is there better access to the stage area? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have the EXACT same questions. Doing my best to find some answers!
  • rmst09rmst09 Posts: 57
    I'll post anything I can find here as well. Too bad the Ten Club can't workout a VIP package in conjunction with Bonnaroo.
    http://patrick-green.blogspot.com/2007/06/bonnaroo-2007-vip.html

This guy discussess the parking and living arrangement but not much about the viewing/listening.
    "we went vip last year. absolutely worth it for us, but a very different scene than camping in the general admission area. access to the grounds is a breeze, with no lines because the security standards are relaxed. the vip camping/rv area is immediately adjacent to the what stage and field, a huge plus if you want to save time traveling back and forth to your camp. there are two bleacher areas for vips-- one to the left of the stage (stage right). it's at an angle, but for really crowded headline shows, there's always a way to squeeze in, and you don't have to camp out for hours to get a seat. the other vip bleacher is at the rear of the where stage. again, not like sitting in row 5 center, but a nice place to get off the ground and have a better vantage point for a crowded show. in the vip area itself, you'll see all ages and characters, but it's far more sedate than in the general admission campground area. once you're inside the music venue, and away from the limited areas where vip even matters (where there aren't food/beverage tents --with air conditioning and misters-- plus flush(!) toilets, showers and larger camp sites) you'll be surrounded by lots and lots of people, some hippies, but mostly not. the vibe is unique--mellow, goofy. the opportunity to hear amazing performances is unparalleled. but it's really crowded at many of the tents. and the weather can make it a challenge (stifling heat, humidity, rain, it's a gamble every year). for really great info on what you're in for, go to http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi and read up on what makes the experience unique. they also have maps of the area, and you'll see the bleachers clearly in relation to the stages. and lastly, plan to get VERY little sleep while you're there."
  • ntt117ntt117 Posts: 56
    i went last year, but didnt go vip, but i do know some stuff. Parking is quite a bit closer, but you can get almost as close going non-vip or be stuck very far away. (its luck of the draw what camping area you get in). As far as seating goes the only area that i saw that was vip only was the bleachers that were somewhat far from the stages. I guess this would be good if you really wanted to sit but they arent very close to the stage.
    "If we werent all crazy we would go insane."
  • tidus10xtidus10x UK Posts: 119
    We're thinking of coming to Bonnaroo from the UK and wondered if the VIP package was worth it (seating at a festival seems a weird concept to me but..). I'm also trying to find out about the hotel packages - just got a generic reply from info@bonnaroo, if I can secure a hotel/shuttle to site we're 100% coming, if we have to camp percentage drops to 0%.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I wrote this in another thread:

The main thing is proximity. You can hear the music loud and clear from your camp in VIP, and it's only a minute or so walk to the main stage area. GA can be 45-60min!

Also with VIP you get A/C washrooms, showers, a larger camp space, free food from noon-9pm, and a pre-party on Thursday (with free beer).

I think they also get their own personal band on Thursday. Last year was Dr. Dog I believe.

You also don't get checked, so you can go back to VIP grab some food and some beers, then walk into Centeroo and watch some music with a beer in hand (instead of paying $6 a beer in Centeroo).

It costs like $600-700 bucks, compared to $200 GA.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    so with the space being 10 by 20 yards...you can bring in RV? or is this a seperate place??
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    callen wrote:
    so with the space being 10 by 20 yards...you can bring in RV? or is this a seperate place??

You have buy an RV pass to bring one. That's in addition to the tickets, and RV passes are available to anyone buying a ticket, whether it's VIP or regular.
  • Okay, so i'm going VIP if for nothing else, the bathrooms. I can't find it now, but i was reading some thread that had pictures posted of the bathrooms. FLUSH toilets. A/C. Unlimited showers.

SOLD :D

At first, i was more concerned with the placement of the VIP bleachers but if i don't like where they are, i don't have to be on them, right? I can go join the masses in a pool of sweat and stank.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Do they keep the VIP showers/bathroom clean for the entire weekend?

Is the only ac in the bathrooms? Or is there somewhere else to go to cool off?

What does the "free food" consist of? Any vegetarian or vegan?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Do they keep the VIP showers/bathroom clean for the entire weekend?

Is the only ac in the bathrooms? Or is there somewhere else to go to cool off?

What does the "free food" consist of? Any vegetarian or vegan?

The bathrooms looked (from the photos) like a bathrrom you'd see in someone's house. Clean, normal toilets, sinks with a countertop and a large mirror. Very well lit.

Aparently, most of the food was cooked. Lots of meat and corn from what i've read. Salad, chips, brownies. Not much of a vegan/vegetarian selection. No fruit. And long lines between 5-6:30. The buffet was available between 12-9pm daily and when they ran out of something it took up to a half hour for them to get more.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    After three years of general camping, I'm going for VIP this year. This lineup is too awesome to not treat myself to some nicer amenities and really make it a weekend to remember.

Fuck yeah. BONNAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!