2007 tour bootlegs, please help

stankratzstankratz Posts: 183
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Ok i'm probably going to get offered to the gods for posting this, it's probably already been discussed countless times, but in 20 mins searching the forum I couldn't find anything. Ok here's my question(s):

Why oh why did the guys not choose to make the 07 gigs available for download? I really really really would love to get the chance to relive Wembley and Nijmegen again through bootlegs, not to mention listen to every other gig from the tour. Full appreciation to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    a lot of discussion has already taken place.

no one knows, 10c dont bother replying to our emails ;p
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    stankratz wrote:
    Ok i'm probably going to get offered to the gods for posting this, it's probably already been discussed countless times, but in 20 mins searching the forum I couldn't find anything. Ok here's my question(s):

Why oh why did the guys not choose to make the 07 gigs available for download? I really really really would love to get the chance to relive Wembley and Nijmegen again through bootlegs, not to mention listen to every other gig from the tour. Full appreciation to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

There are however fan recordings of most if not all of the shows readily available for download. Go to the Given to Fly forum or http://thearmyreserve.blogspot.com

Not sure why no boots were officially for the 07 shows. Hopefully they will bring the boots back for the next tour and may be even release the 07 shows. I'm sure they were recorded.

Hopefully they bring back "the Vault" too. Be nice to have some official shows from say 96 :D

Peace
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    I predict this will be the next media forum for delivering boots from the folks at PJ:

http://www.last100.com/2007/08/13/live-concert-recordings-on-usb-sticks/

You heard it here first!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Wasnt a copy of the show part of the ticket/hotel packages to London and one of the German shows? I wonder if the people who purchased those packages ever received bootlegs of their shows and if there are copies floating around somewhere.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Wasnt a copy of the show part of the ticket/hotel packages to London and one of the German shows? I wonder if the people who purchased those packages ever received bootlegs of their shows and if there are copies floating around somewhere.
    that got cancelled and tehy got something else instead (no idea what).

never got the slightest answer from 10c.
    but they WERE recorded, including mics for the crowds like last year.

I'd kill (well, maim :D)for a decent recording of Dusseldorf!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    locked wrote:
    I predict this will be the next media forum for delivering boots from the folks at PJ:

http://www.last100.com/2007/08/13/live-concert-recordings-on-usb-sticks/

You heard it here first!

lol. What about data CDr's/DVDr's? The weight of the USB stick is much heaver then a reg DVDr disc, and won't be able to ship by regular mail (wont go through the regulated letter mail slot).

Trust me when I say this. I've down quite of bit of b+p'ing & trading live cd/dvd music via mail over the years. The next move is HD-DVD's & Blu-Ray discs trading. They are getting cheaper. Just give it a few more months .. fans will start buying them. And spreading stuff around. It's gonna be sweet! :)

As for the next move .. I wish they go the route of Silver CDs. If you want to save the environment, then go for the Flac/Mp3 Downloads. It would be sweet if they did something with the 10club membership. Say we get discounts on the Flac/Mp3 downloads. Specials, buy 10 get 1 free ..type of deals. We just have to wait and see what the next tour brings.
    demetrios wrote:
    lol. What about data CDr's/DVDr's? The weight of the USB stick is much heaver then a reg DVDr disc, and won't be able to ship by regular mail (wont go through the regulated letter mail slot).

Trust me when I say this. I've down quite of bit of b+p'ing & trading live cd/dvd music via mail over the years. The next move is HD-DVD's & Blu-Ray discs trading. They are getting cheaper. Just give it a few more months .. fans will start buying them. And spreading stuff around. It's gonna be sweet! :)

As for the next move .. I wish they go the route of Silver CDs. If you want to save the environment, then go for the Flac/Mp3 Downloads. It would be sweet if they did something with the 10club membership. Say we get discounts on the Flac/Mp3 downloads. Specials, buy 10 get 1 free ..type of deals. We just have to wait and see what the next tour brings.
    sticks are not much heavier than CDs and they require less packaging.

HD is getting nowhere as long as they have 2 formats.
    I was a fairly early DVD adopter (got mine 8 years ago or so), but I'm not getting anywhere near HD for the moment.. besides, you need another TV to take advantage of it..
    Pegasus wrote:
    sticks are not much heavier than CDs and they require less packaging.

HD is getting nowhere as long as they have 2 formats.
    I was a fairly early DVD adopter (got mine 8 years ago or so), but I'm not getting anywhere near HD for the moment.. besides, you need another TV to take advantage of it..

True. But the way shipping more gig's of data. Instead of sending tons & tons of DVDr's by mail or hard drives through b+p's .. you can trade via a big shot 1 HD-DVD or 1 Bluray R' discs. Get the whole Pearl Jam '00 & '03 shn/flac collection on 1 Blu-Ray disc and more. Backing up your data in the futures is gonna be sweet. I have all my Pearl Jam material on CDr's, DVDr's (2x) plus got all thy Pearl Jam on Hard Drive style. You've seen the snapshots over at RM. Soon i'll post up HD 8. :p

For sure the HD-DVD videos etc.. is gonna take a few more year's for everbody to get into. The DVD format is not going anywhere's for a very long time. Just saying if the next move we take in the trading circle .. it's gonna HD-DVD & Blu-ray.

hmm .. something new on jamriver. 2 cam mix of Toronto '96? ...
    demetrios wrote:
    True. But the way shipping more gig's of data. Instead of sending tons & tons of DVDr's by mail or hard drives through b+p's .. you can trade via a big shot 1 HD-DVD or 1 Bluray R' discs. Get the whole Pearl Jam '00 & '03 shn/flac collection on 1 Blu-Ray disc and more. Backing up your data in the futures is gonna be sweet. I have all my Pearl Jam material on CDr's, DVDr's (2x) plus got all thy Pearl Jam on Hard Drive style. You've seen the snapshots over at RM. Soon i'll post up HD 8. :p

For sure the HD-DVD videos etc.. is gonna take a few more year's for everbody to get into. The DVD format is not going anywhere's for a very long time. Just saying if the next move we take in the trading circle .. it's gonna HD-DVD & Blu-ray.

hmm .. something new on jamriver. 2 cam mix of Toronto '96? ...
    there's even cheaper and faster and it's available right now:
    Download!
    hell, even if it's 'not for torrent' (I hate those almost as much as NFTs..either you share or you don't!), there's nothing stopping you setting up a private torrent/rapidshare!
    Pegasus wrote:
    there's even cheaper and faster and it's available right now:
    Download!
    hell, even if it's 'not for torrent' (I hate those almost as much as NFTs..either you share or you don't!), there's nothing stopping you setting up a private torrent/rapidshare!

lol. true. downloading is the easiest & cheapest way to go.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Nope, we didn't get it either. They substituted a promo of the Gorge. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."