Options

Thanks Favre!!! I'll Miss Ya

Comments

• Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    Yeah, because that's all Brady. Wouldn't have anything to do with the rest of the team. Rings don't mean shit individually. Brady is a pussy. If he gets hit throughout a game, he's done. I'll take Brett Favre when the game is on the line over Brady any day.

By the time Brady even approaches Favre's age he'll be long retired due to injuries...same with Manning. Brett could have played into his forties and never gone down. One tough QB.
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Kingmidget wrote:
    By the time Brady even approaches Favre's age he'll be long retired due to injuries...same with Manning. Brett could have played into his forties and never gone down. One tough QB.

The thing that set Favre apart from other top QB's was the fun he had playing. Favre played football for fun, not for money and not for stats. Have you ever seen a 36 year old QB running around the field slapping hands and asses, picking up his recievers and carrying them on his shoulders. He played the way the game should be played.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    jordn6971 wrote:
    The thing that set Favre apart from other top QB's was the fun he had playing. Favre played football for fun, not for money and not for stats. Have you ever seen a 36 year old QB running around the field slapping hands and asses, picking up his recievers and carrying them on his shoulders. He played the way the game should be played.

Right on...who can forget him jawin with Sapp, makin refs laugh, leaping into player piles...the guys enthusiasm was contagious as hell. And when he screwed up he was always big and admitted it in press conferences. THe guy was tough in an "old school" way...he could have survived and thrived in the days when QBs had so much less protection. Can't say that for many...
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,177
    Kingmidget wrote:
    I was mulling that over myself...congrats!

Soon to be Aaron Rodgers! Well...maybe...if he figures out how to stay healthy...have to be an optimist now that the KING is retired. :)

Brett was fun to watch and he is a class act..

God I hate the f-ing Vikings!!!!!!!!! Just thought I'd throw that out....

GO BEARS, WHITE SOX and F the Cubbies!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    down_ski wrote:
    No matter which team you are a fan of, Farve is one of the best.

Considering im a 49ers fan and they havent done shit in 10 years, im immune too all insults!

But for the seahawk fans....Remember that one time you won a superbowl? yeah, me neither

yeah. you remember the last time the 49ers were in the super bowl. hold on. let me look it up really quick..it's been such a long time..

hmmm...1994
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    greatest quarterback to ever play the game IMO.

BTW i'm a cincinnati bengals fan.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    jordn6971 wrote:

oh come on!! that isn't COMPLETE speculation or anything. don't kid yourself. the man played for the money. if the NFL didn't pay worth a damn then all the great athletes would play another sport.

yes he played for fun (as we were constantly reminded by all the jackass anouncers during packers games.)

i'm just glad we won't have to hear anymore of the bullshit excuses people come up with to justify his idiotic play at times.
  • Options
    Brady is a pussy. If he gets hit throughout a game, he's done. I'll take Brett Favre when the game is on the line over Brady any day.

BULLSHIT,are you out of your fucking mind.Brady is like Jordan in the clutch.

He has taken hits i didn't think he was going to get up from,just to jump back on his feet and kick ass.
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:

by the time Brady is Brett's age he will have a couple more rings and broken many more records. But Brady is ALREADY better than Brett now.

Big fucking deal,he played so many games without injury! It's about what you DO when you are in there.Brett has ONE ring.ONE!!!!!

That's what matters at the end of the day.WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!

being a cheese-head i guess your mind is constipated. :D
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    by the time Brady is Brett's age he will have a couple more rings and broken many more records. But Brady is ALREADY better than Brett now.

Big fucking deal,he played so many games without injury! It's about what you DO when you are in there.Brett has ONE ring.ONE!!!!!

THe only reason Brett didnt get hurt is because whenever there was any pressure he would do a girly jump to save his legs and throw the ball higher than it would go far......thus the interception to pass ratio of 1 to 1.

When you play Madden Football, select the Packers then press up, down, up, up, down, left, right to enable the cheat code that makes Brett Favre a good quaterback....he comes out in a Forty NIners jersey with the number 8 on it.
  • Options
    jordn6971 wrote:

The second dumbest post ever written.
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    As a duie hard bear fan finally man oh man finally now we jsut need to get ourselves a qb
  • Options
    favre was an awesome quarterback..but dr. z here says it best. he was great. but he could have been better.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/03/04/favre/1.html
  • Options
    Tackalac wrote:
    THe only reason Brett didnt get hurt is because whenever there was any pressure he would do a girly jump to save his legs and throw the ball higher than it would go far......thus the interception to pass ratio of 1 to 1.

When you play Madden Football, select the Packers then press up, down, up, up, down, left, right to enable the cheat code that makes Brett Favre a good quaterback....he comes out in a Forty NIners jersey with the number 8 on it.

hahahahahaha....ok..ok..ahem(clear throat after laughing)

no need to hate on him,i mean i liked him,but best ever?? hell fucking no,not even in the top 10 of all time.
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    Tackalac wrote:
    KIngdipshit wrote....

- body block a lineman for one of his backs
    - play in as much pain
    - come out on top under so many personal tragedies/challenges

I really had no idea that Brett Favre accomplished all that you listed. I retract anything negative that was ever said about the man! Let's get him on a supertrain to the Hall of Fame.

"The worst part about Brett Favre...is that he has droves of loyal and severely retarded fans" - John Madden, 2006

"Brett Favre is a decent quaterback, and his story is one worth repeating. It is just too bad that his severely retarded Fans repeat the story every chance they get" - Joe Montana

"Brett Favre is a great quaterback that unfortunately found his support amongst thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of severely retarded Packers fans" - Eddie Vedder

"When you look back at Favre's career, you have to wonder how he was effected by having so many retards yelling his name while wearing retarded cheese hats. I mean can cheese be retarded?" - Stevie Wonder
    I am mentally retarded, and this is still the funniest post on this thread...
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    coach "hey Brett,we are not going to pay you this season,i know you play for the love"

Brett "hey coach,fuck you.I'll play for the dolphins before i play for free"
  • Options
    hahahahahaha....ok..ok..ahem(clear throat after laughing)

no need to hate on him,i mean i liked him,but best ever?? hell fucking no,not even in the top 10 of all time.

Again.....let me just throw this out there. I like the man too, the worst part about him are the fans that idolize him....click on the link below and substitute Britney with Brett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWSjUe0FyxQ
  • Options
    Tackalac wrote:
    Again.....let me just throw this out there. I like the man too, the worst part about him are the fans that idolize him....click on the link below and substitute Britney with Brett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWSjUe0FyxQ

well fuck,if your whole life was cheese and snow you'd probably love him too. :D:D
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Thank you Brett for 16 amazing seasons. :)
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778

Patriots = Cheaters :)
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    Tackalac wrote:
    The second dumbest post ever written.

Care to elaborate why, or do you just like to be an asshole?
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Thank you Brett for 16 amazing seasons. :)

DITTO!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:
    oh come on!! that isn't COMPLETE speculation or anything. don't kid yourself. the man played for the money. if the NFL didn't pay worth a damn then all the great athletes would play another sport.

yes he played for fun (as we were constantly reminded by all the jackass anouncers during packers games.)

i'm just glad we won't have to hear anymore of the bullshit excuses people come up with to justify his idiotic play at times.

I'm not saying he would play for free. Favre took pay cuts several times in his career so that his team could sign better free agents. The guy would rather get better players around him that take his pay because he wants to win.
  • Options
    jordn6971 wrote:
    Care to elaborate why, or do you just like to be an asshole?

Oh, I can elaborate and be an asshole at the same time.

Let's look at this statement you wrote:

"The thing that set Favre apart from other top QB's was the fun he had playing. Favre played football for fun, not for money and not for stats. Have you ever seen a 36 year old QB running around the field slapping hands and asses, picking up his recievers and carrying them on his shoulders. He played the way the game should be played."

1. Favre was the only player that had fun playing football.
    2. Favre didnt care for money or stats.
    3. Favre was the only person that expressed joy on the field.
    4. Favre was the only one that played the game correctly.

These are all ridiculously stupid statements. When you combine them, you come up with the second worst post of all time.
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    i started this thread, wish it didn't come to who is better or the best or whatever.

just wanted to say you can't find a betterman!!

the reason we love him in wi. is not becuz he won or lost, but becuz of how he played! they are the heart attak PAK!! more heart attacks on sundays during packer games than any other time of the year!!

he was just a class guy, never made excuses, if he fuked up, he said it! not like a TO or any other highend players. he was just something different than we see everywhere else. i am not saying he was the best ever, but to me he was the best ever, I will miss seeing him play every sunday and miss bitchin about the bad his throw was on monday mornings. it is not about stats for the GB fan.

Thanks brett!!!
    can't find a betterman, a man is the sum of all his parts, not just the winning ones.
    one love

respect
  • Options
    It's safe to say that the Bears have the best QB's in the division. That is pretty sad.

If that's true, which it may be, who's going to come out on top of the NFC North?
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    You couldn't have had a better last pass, you Wisco Fuck!
  • Options
    Tackalac wrote:
    1. Favre was the only player that had fun playing football.
    2. Favre didnt care for money or stats.
    3. Favre was the only person that expressed joy on the field.
    4. Favre was the only one that played the game correctly.

Wow that's exactly what I was saying. You really nailed it. Now I realize how stupid I am.
  • Options
    jordn6971 wrote:
    Wow that's exactly what I was saying. You really nailed it. Now I realize how stupid I am.

Oh, cool. It took less time than I was thinking it would......
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    Tackalac wrote:
    OH PLEASE, save the drama for your mama. Brett Favre is the only quaterback in HISTORY to throw more interceptions than pass attempts over a two year span. Look that shit up!! Mind-boggling!!!!!!

I was referring to Dan Marino's final game as a worse way to go out.

and I can't believe you said "save the drama for your mama"

get real
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com