Options

A brilliant idea

DickieDickie Posts: 26
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I saw Scorseses new Rolling Stones concert film "Shine a light" yesterday and it´s extremely impressive. Those grandaddys are in super hipshaking form, they are rocking out like young bands today can only dream of.

Anyway, I had this great idea just now. Sean Penn should make a Pearl Jam concert movie at some point in the future! I think it would be the perfect match up. Explanation unnecessary, really.

dickie
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Is Scorsese's film more like a documentary or just a "regular" concert DVD? Cuz if it's the latter, PJ releases one of those for about every tour and I don't see how Sean Penn would help that cause ;)

If it's the former though, that would be nice. Interviews before they go on and some insight what happens around a rock show etc. A little like SVT but for a concert. Thinking about it, while Penn'S at it, why not another SVT? :D
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    Is Scorsese's film more like a documentary or just a "regular" concert DVD? Cuz if it's the latter, PJ releases one of those for about every tour and I don't see how Sean Penn would help that cause ;)

If it's the former though, that would be nice. Interviews before they go on and some insight what happens around a rock show etc. A little like SVT but for a concert. Thinking about it, while Penn'S at it, why not another SVT? :D

I see your point and somewhat agree. It´s more like a regular concert movie - only that is the excact point. It´s all about the performance. These guys have said it all, everything fronm side to side and upside down. So the fact that there´s not many interviews is what feels so good about it. And it´s shot so that you feel like you´re standing front row just next to Micks belly, Keiths eyeliner and Rons tiny ass. It´s fantastic.

And this is what I feel Sean could do w PJ. One show start to finish. But made in his special Penn-way...
  • Options
    Dickie wrote:
    I see your point and somewhat agree. It´s more like a regular concert movie - only that is the excact point. It´s all about the performance. These guys have said it all, everything fronm side to side and upside down. So the fact that there´s not many interviews is what feels so good about it. And it´s shot so that you feel like you´re standing front row just next to Micks belly, Keiths eyeliner and Rons tiny ass. It´s fantastic.

And this is what I feel Sean could do w PJ. One show start to finish. But made in his special Penn-way...

Hm, I feel more like that they have played every song "from side to side and upside down". And that - due to their impressive network of fans - is widely accessible via the internet (or on their live DVDs). So i'd much rather have something like SVT that gives you insight into the creative process or what goes on before or after a show.

Maybe I'd be more excited about your idea if I had seen that piece on the Stones although I own none of their albums ;) But hey, if Penn wants to do something with PJ, I'm sure enough of us would buy it :D
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I like Danny Clinch's work just fine.

Maybe PJ could hire Sam Jones the next time they want a Single Video Theory style film.

Jones was excellent as Wilco's chronicler.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Hm, I feel more like that they have played every song "from side to side and upside down". And that - due to their impressive network of fans - is widely accessible via the internet (or on their live DVDs). So i'd much rather have something like SVT that gives you insight into the creative process or what goes on before or after a show.

Maybe I'd be more excited about your idea if I had seen that piece on the Stones although I own none of their albums ;) But hey, if Penn wants to do something with PJ, I'm sure enough of us would buy it :D

That´s just it. "Shine a light" is like seeing this band for the first time. They´re jus really on fire, especially Jagger.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I thought "keep PJ alive and touring until we're all dead and gone" is where your idea was going... :)
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    I thought "keep PJ alive and touring until we're all dead and gone" is where your idea was going... :)

Haha well that too!