Options

anyone going to see Ed, stay after he plays!

eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
edited June 2009 in The Porch
The music you'll hear is from a track on Backspacer apparently, from a track called 'the end'

'A small group of us remained in our seats after everyone left, listening to the exit music, a lovely string quartet that was at first just background music but very very soon had me transfixed and not talking to anyone while I realized what I was hearing. I blurted “Brian, listen” to my seatmate. I’m a geek, I know. A woman taken by Pearl Jam in 1992 and not yet given back to the world. So you know I’ve heard that recording circulating of the new song Ed played in Philly and Baltimore, the one people are calling “The End”. So guess what the string quartet exit music song is? You better stay and listen to it after the show is over. It’s “The End”.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. Guess what? I’m going tomorrow night. And to Memphis. I feel it. '
http://www.twofeetthick.com/2009/06/two ... nashville/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Your not the only geek!!!!!

I heard it too.............Ive been totally consumed with this song ever since Philly!!! :D
    It's confusing to me though, the "symphony" version that was played as we were exiting WAS the song.
    So which came first...the symphony or the song???

Cheers!
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    The symphony came after..it is without doubt THE most beautiful song Ed has ever written ever and it's the jewel in the crown of this album. Get ready to reorganise your top 5 favourite Pj songs kids, 'cos this is about to become your favourite!
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Your not the only geek!!!!!

I heard it too.............Ive been totally consumed with this song ever since Philly!!! :D
    It's confusing to me though, the "symphony" version that was played as we were exiting WAS the song.
    So which came first...the symphony or the song???

Cheers!

when was the first time he played it? philly 2?
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    yep as far as I'm aware..it's beeeeautiful!
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    I heard the mp3 of him playing it live! So goooood! its beautiful. I love it :)
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009