Options

Before a new album gets released what gets you most excited?

BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,994
edited June 2009 in The Porch
a) new tracklist

b) new artwork

c) new interviews

Presuming you havent heard any of the songs? Do you soemtimes get a preconceived idea in your head of what the songs may sound like?
Melbourne #1 '98
Melbourne #2 '03
Melbourne #3 '03
Melbourne #1 '06
Melbourne #3 '06
Melbourne '09
Melbourne '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    all about the music
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,994
    Commy wrote:
    all about the music

Other than the actual tracks, sorry should have been clearer! Nothing beats those new songs thats for sure!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Out of those, probably seeing the tracklisting. Although tour dates are always nice.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
  • Options
    I like to hear the details in the production end. Of course the music is why I purchase them. I like Brendans work so I am stoked.
    TDR
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    rollan54 wrote:
    I like to hear the details in the production end. Of course the music is why I purchase them. I like Brendans work so I am stoked.

I love the word STOKED but its not used in the UK. I will start using it to see if I can get anyone else to use it lol
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,384
    THE CRAZY TIME WHEN THE TRACK STARTS TO PLAY..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    philthehip wrote:
    rollan54 wrote:

I love the word STOKED but its not used in the UK. I will start using it to see if I can get anyone else to use it lol

Use it everyday. It will catch on. Let me know when you hear somebody else use it from the UK. I'll feel like I have accomplished something huge. Oh, and I'll definitely be STOKED.
    TDR
  • Options
    I get most excited about the pre-album single when it gets released. Then you know full-blown energy is about to unfold!
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    guess ill go with b) the artwork

the interviews are always great too... but the band always seems to say similar things about every album... and they start mentioning new albums like 2 years prior to the actual release so its hard to get too excited

and theres no way to get any real feel for the albums based on tracklisting IMO
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    Artwork and the joy of looking at the artwork while listening to the new cd through headphones
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Before a new album gets released what gets you most excited?

your mom in her pink nightgown and matching slippers....yowza!!
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    ahem....tour
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    New album.. can't wait, well I guess I can I don't really have a choice.

oh, then it will be tour news
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    Nice thread. I'd say tracklist and interviews that provide good descriptions of the new jams. Gets me pumped as hell every time...
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    The anticipation that the music will be something that awakens new emotions and ideas in me, excites me most in the run-up to an album's release.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I love getting the first video of the band playing new songs in the studio or anywhere else for that matter.

And we already Got Some!!!
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...