Options

I met Eddie today

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great story! I hope someday that I'm lucky enough for something like this to happen to me.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    rock on...rock on... Posts: 11
    I was at the game too and attended friday and thursday show. I had a feeling he was going to be there! great story!!! i tried for a pick friday night...no luck, but got a hand shake!!
  • Options
    I want to point out that Ed was really just like any one of us. I felt comfortable in my brief conversation with him. He talked as if anybody you met for the first time would. I saw a Super Bowl. I've been to BCS Bowl games. I've seen tons of concerts. I hung out with Yogi B at a Notre Dame football game. The "Rocket" from Notre Dame babysat me when I was younger (Were from the same home town, Wilkes Barre PA.). I was in recovery with an actor. All of these things I am greatful for. When I was in my teens, my ultimate dream was to meet anyone from Pearl Jam as they were my idols. I liked them more than any sports team, actor etc... They influenced me a lot in my late teens. It was very exciting to meet him and I'm glad that you all are happy for me. But remember one thing "I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...."
    TDR
  • Options
    Rapunzel64Rapunzel64 Posts: 129
    rollan54 wrote:
    I want to point out that Ed was really just like any one of us. I felt comfortable in my brief conversation with him. He talked as if anybody you met for the first time would. I saw a Super Bowl. I've been to BCS Bowl games. I've seen tons of concerts. I hung out with Yogi B at a Notre Dame football game. The "Rocket" from Notre Dame babysat me when I was younger (Were from the same home town, Wilkes Barre PA.). I was in recovery with an actor. All of these things I am greatful for. When I was in my teens, my ultimate dream was to meet anyone from Pearl Jam as they were my idols. I liked them more than any sports team, actor etc... They influenced me a lot in my late teens. It was very exciting to meet him and I'm glad that you all are happy for me. But remember one thing "I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...."

HaHa! I love this post. I was at the game and would have loved to see him. I'm glad you got to shake his hand. It was really nice of him to give you the pick.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I guess Eddie carries a pocket full picks with him all the time in case there is a randomn fan ?

:D:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    funkmanfunkman Posts: 10
    I was sitting next to Buddy Guy at a bar once and asked if he had a pick. He said "If you ever ask a guitarist for a pick and he doesn't have one be weary". He then pulled a handful of picks out of his pocket.
  • Options
    qcreteqcrete Posts: 133
    did anyone ever get a beer from him -- the one he promised from camden nj a few years back
  • Options
    satanmansatanman Posts: 295
    demetrios wrote:
    Hub. wrote:
    Awesome! I dream of having such an opportunity! ;)

me too, but at a bruins hockey game!

hopefully he'll show up to the jays/boston game the night before the toronto show