Options

Backspacer tentatively slated to drop 9-22-09

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i understand the role of a manager is to be the middle man for this kind of PR stuff, but i wonder when we can expect an interview with the band on this topic... would just be interesting to hear it straight from the horses mouth... i feel bad that kelly has to be so defensive about this - in large part because of our reactions here... so until i have the full story im gonna tone down my color commentary... hope all the haters out there are taking the time to read the full story
    Manager = "The Man," not a "middle man". You ARE hearing it from the horse himself. Not sure why you'd think otherwise. Perhaps you're actually looking for an opinion from the band, and nothing factual? And for that, I say, who cares right now? It's news. It's good news. And it all spells T-O-U-R!
    So enjoy it and relax!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited June 2009
    aNiMaL wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i understand the role of a manager is to be the middle man for this kind of PR stuff, but i wonder when we can expect an interview with the band on this topic... would just be interesting to hear it straight from the horses mouth... i feel bad that kelly has to be so defensive about this - in large part because of our reactions here... so until i have the full story im gonna tone down my color commentary... hope all the haters out there are taking the time to read the full story
    It is not the bands job to answer questions about logistics like this. This is what Kelly Curtis is paid to deal with. In this case, Kelly Curtis is the horses mouth. He is not PR, that is VanDenberg Communications.
    Granted, KC is the horse's mouth. But because it's the band's ideals that are typically anti-corporate, I would very much like to hear from them why they are going against these ideals and everything they said they've stood for all this time. I look up to them for these ideals, and if they can't be open with their fans why they've changed face, then I've lost respect.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    LukinFan wrote:
    norm wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    Norm, do you have anything to add here? 8-)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I was hoping you'd see this. Got your popcorn? :mrgreen:

hehehe...i'm assuming this will get merged into the main thread about this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    whoops...were all human right? ;)
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    The band needs to make a living which is ok with me...In the end it doesn't really matter where one can buy the record at just that the record is good....I really wish the band would come out eith a statement about everything.
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    package deal at target cd + eV shirt

4e99_1.JPG
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    “This is all an experiment. We’re trying to figure it out. It’s changing all the time, and this is the best way to do it ourselves that we can think of. By the time we put out our next record it could be completely different, or, you know, all those things will fail and we’ll go back with our hat in our hands and beg for our jobs back at Sony.” He laughs. “I doubt that. It’s not an exact science. And people need to relax just a little bit. We’re doing the best we can.”

sony is the devil

more power to the band!!!!

buy direct...that's what i do

9/22/09 check
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    I think it's fucking lame the way some people reacted to the initial news of the Target deal before we even knew all the facts. I am sure due to this Kelly had to issue a statement to silence all of the bitches on this board.
    Some of you people are like the embarrassing Uncle everyone in the family tries to avoid.
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    VOLITION wrote:
    I think it's fucking lame the way some people reacted to the initial news of the Target deal before we even knew all the facts. I am sure due to this Kelly had to issue a statement to silence all of the bitches on this board.
    Some of you people are like the embarrassing Uncle everyone in the family tries to avoid.

welcome to cyberspace ;)

scroll down for the good stuff! it's there...
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Cardinal wrote:
    its a great day to be a PJ fan......Loved the new song...love the new sound...love the new direction...love the business model.

Already sick of the cry babies though.

Enjoy the gift of new PJ it just gets better from here folks.

Oh and....I got some if you need it!

Agreed! I imagine its only gonna get worse tho...the cry babies that is

What they said!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Jeanwah wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:
    It is not the bands job to answer questions about logistics like this. This is what Kelly Curtis is paid to deal with. In this case, Kelly Curtis is the horses mouth. He is not PR, that is VanDenberg Communications.
    Granted, KC is the horse's mouth. But because it's the band's ideals that are typically anti-corporate, I would very much like to hear from them why they are going against these ideals and everything they said they've stood for all this time. I look up to them for these ideals, and if they can't be open with their fans why they've changed face, then I've lost respect.
    yah thats more or less what i meant by my post... i understand kellys the authority in this situation... just kindof wanna get a sense of where the bands heads at right now... i said i would hold any further negativity til i know the whole story... just wanna know what the whole story really is...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Jeanwah wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:
    They are not going against anything they've stood for. This is all being done the way THEY want it. How are you folks still not getting that?? The album was going to be released anyhow, no? To stores. Big stores and small ones. So this time they've narrowed it down to ONE single big-box store. Of their choosing. AND, they get to release it through indie stores too!

It also guaranTEES that they won't have to deal with Walmart on anything at all. Which I'd bet was at least 50% of the reason they did it this way to begin with. This band has rarely done anything they didn't want to do. At least not since their days with Epic/Sony (who were, in fact, corporate and controlling and everything they were against). And Kelly's words are absolutely from the band's mouth(s). He doesn't speak unless everyone's in agreement. So, what aren't they being open about?

It never changes, does it? People always want to have personal conversations with the band about what they ate for breakfast and whether there was corn in their shit last night. News is released, it's thorough and informative, and yet still, somehow, it's just not enough.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    LukinFan wrote:
    http://www.twofeetthick.com/2009/06/additional-kelly-curtis-interview/

PJ fan and EW.com writer/blogger Whitney Pastorek also spoke with band manager Kelly Curtis regarding the Target shoot (hey, target shoot, get it?) and future album release. Original article is here.

After an interview with Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis, EW can confirm that the band has established a partnership with Target for the release of their next record, currently titled Backspacer, which is tentatively slated to drop September 22.

The Thursday night show was indeed a shoot with Crowe: Possible first single “The Fixer” was filmed for the Target ad,

Why does this state the song that was shot is the Fixer??? I thought it was called Something's Going On?
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    OGT92 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    http://www.twofeetthick.com/2009/06/additional-kelly-curtis-interview/

PJ fan and EW.com writer/blogger Whitney Pastorek also spoke with band manager Kelly Curtis regarding the Target shoot (hey, target shoot, get it?) and future album release. Original article is here.

After an interview with Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis, EW can confirm that the band has established a partnership with Target for the release of their next record, currently titled Backspacer, which is tentatively slated to drop September 22.

The Thursday night show was indeed a shoot with Crowe: Possible first single “The Fixer” was filmed for the Target ad,

Why does this state the song that was shot is the Fixer??? I thought it was called Something's Going On?

People just called it "Something's Going On" because those were basically the only words we could make out :)

Apparently, the song with the "Something's Going On" chorus is called "The Fixer."
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    People just called it "Something's Going On" because those were basically the only words we could make out :)

Apparently, the song with the "Something's Going On" chorus is called "The Fixer."[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    i think everything they are doing is great
    I agree with the exception of news or updates from the 10 club. I know it's hard to be ahead of leaks, but I am tired of hearing info from outside sources before 10c. There was another thread to bring back the rumor pit and I'd sure love that. Solid rumors are great! I'm sure it would greatly cut down on silly threads. Anyway, love the new music and can't wait for the shows! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    wolfbear wrote:
    i think everything they are doing is great
    I agree with the exception of news or updates from the 10 club. I know it's hard to be ahead of leaks, but I am tired of hearing info from outside sources before 10c. There was another thread to bring back the rumor pit and I'd sure love that. Solid rumors are great! I'm sure it would greatly cut down on silly threads. Anyway, love the new music and can't wait for the shows! :)

agreed
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • Options
    supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
    I was hoping for an earlier release but 09-22 is a good date to start backspacing :D:D:D
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    9-22 seems like a long way off but with the upcoming shows and news, I'm sure it will fly by.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    we will wait for 10c pre-sale
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    9-22 seems like a long way off but with the upcoming shows and news, I'm sure it will fly by.
    :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest