Options

PLEASE DONT DESTROY THE NEW ALBUM ..........

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited June 2009 in The Porch
i know it has been said before a million times.......DO NOT "PUMP UP THE VOLUM " like everyone else does now a days...........LIKE EVERYONE ELSE
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    you mean like avo was?
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    It's gonna be, so you might as well be ready. If you have a problem with it, buy the record.
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    DewieCox wrote:
    It's gonna be, so you might as well be ready. If you have a problem with it, buy the record.

i dont have a problem with it like others do......my question to you is....do you listen to your records?? and do they REALY SOUND better ??? be honest...cause im about to purchase a record player...so i can listen to the all the records "FOR ALL ITS GLORY" like you guys all say...i have a high end audio system....7.1 onkyo set up spent over 3,000 dollars on it.....CAN YOU REALLY TELL ME the sound is just as IF NOT BETTER??? i dont mean to sound like a dick .... i just want your HONEST answer NOT WEIGHTED do to the PEARL JAM/VINYL thing....
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

i dont have a problem with it like others do......my question to you is....do you listen to your records?? and do they REALY SOUND better ??? be honest...cause im about to purchase a record player...so i can listen to the all the records "FOR ALL ITS GLORY" like you guys all say...i have a high end audio system....7.1 onkyo set up spent over 3,000 dollars on it.....CAN YOU REALLY TELL ME the sound is just as IF NOT BETTER??? i dont mean to sound like a dick .... i just want your HONEST answer NOT WEIGHTED do to the PEARL JAM/VINYL thing....

Not every vinyl sounds "better" and not every band presses their records the appropriate way. I can tell you that almost every PJ record sounds subjectively better than it's cd counterpart. S/T sounds 1000x better.

I have vinyl from all sorts of bands and there are some that just sound great with that vinyl vibe added.

As far as old stuff> Analog is gonna sound better in analog ....... alot of bands still haven't went back and remastered their old tunes(Beatles) and vinyl mastering is a different animal from mastering for cd, so you're gonna hear those albums like you've never heard. Luckily, tape was pretty standard for recording into the 90s

As far as new stuff>since most music is made digitally nowadays, you've gotta be more wary with what vinyl will sound good, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of new bands with great sounding records.
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    how about they put out the new album on tape :lol:
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    i keep my albums on a shelf! how dare you blame me of destroying them :evil: :evil: :twisted:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,362
    i'm hoping for a limited edition 8 track tape for my trans am! :|
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    BoB's on the case. It's not going to be too loud.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    Murderers wrote:

I don't know about that. The Springsteen CD he produced is one of the loudest, most awful sounding CD's ever.
  • Options
    Murderers wrote:

I don't know about that. The Springsteen CD he produced is one of the loudest, most awful sounding CD's ever.

And wasn't the Ten redux cd pretty bad too?
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Murderers wrote:

And wasn't the Ten redux cd pretty bad too?
    Ten redux? bad? are you fucking insane?! :o :shock: :P
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162

The sound not the music.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Anyone think this is going to be Pearl Jam's pop album?

From what I've been hearing and after the crappy quality leak, I think they are taking one last stab at pop culture..
  • Options

Dude, you can actually hear the instruments and beats/notes on the redux.. how can it be bad? Everything on the original was so quiet and washed out.
  • Options

Dude, you can actually hear the instruments and beats/notes on the redux.. how can it be bad?

THE MASTERING IS BAD. NOT THE MUSIC.
  • Options
    THE MASTERING IS BAD. NOT THE MUSIC.
    But its sooo much clearer than the original!.. I'm not sure what you mean. Its so much more rocking now.