Options

oh well

DSmith2503DSmith2503 Posts: 5
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Thank you PJ for an amazing tour. Thank you Ten Club for amazing seats....yet again. I attended three shows this swing and sat in row d for each one. For someone that works about 60 hours a week it was a welcome relief. I still remember the first time I saw PJ in Saratoga at Lolapolooza(sp) in 92....and it never gets old. Amazing! The only thing that kind of sucks and brings me back into the reality of my world was at Hartford this year. The people in front of me left during the 2nd encore to beat the traffic. Six people in all. They had VIP tickets from Alliance Bank. I understand the corporate world and how it works, but it sucks that such great seats were wasted on people that don't appreciate what they are witnessing. I would gladly move back from the front as so many new PJ fans are calling for to give younger fans a chance to experience what I have so many times. I left with such a sinking feeling. Why would you leave when the house lights are on and you can see so well and the band is mustering up everything they have left to give you? Kind of like pulling up to McDonalds....waiting in line......placing your order......paying......and then leaving before you get your food.

David
64###
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    I always have these dreams that I'm at a Pearl Jam show and no one shows up and there is only a few people watching the band... i get sooo pissed off.. but then in my dream I'm able to talk to Ed and the guys because there is no one else around so it kidna works out alright.

Is that what you were getting at?
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    bruce wrote:
    I always have these dreams that I'm at a Pearl Jam show and no one shows up and there is only a few people watching the band... i get sooo pissed off.. but then in my dream I'm able to talk to Ed and the guys because there is no one else around so it kidna works out alright.

Is that what you were getting at?

i had similar dreams this tour.. only i was the one who didnt show up. in my dreams i overslept and missed everything. glad you had fun though :D
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    there is no remedy for the seats left vacant by season/corporation tix

such is wriitten about the summertime blues, as well :D

i wish it was not true
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    i had similar dreams this tour.. only i was the one who didnt show up. in my dreams i overslept and missed everything. glad you had fun though :D

I have had those too, but my friend they are not dreams, they are nightmares... horrible
    Writing checks that others pay.....