Options

o2 Arena - best to go seated or standing?

JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
edited April 2009 in The Porch
I've never been to the o2 Arena, is it better to go for seated or standing? I'm guessing that even the best seats reserved for 10c members would still be quite a distance from the stage?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    as you only been a member recently.. I would advise standing. the better seats are given to the members who registered a long time ago... just a thought.. ask someone who has been around longer as I am still new
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,568
    I went for seating in london and standing in Manchester. Nice to mix it up a bit :D

Hopefully, the seats 10c gets are all good ones.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    Niko80 wrote:
    I went for seating in london and standing in Manchester. Nice to mix it up a bit :D

Hopefully, the seats 10c gets are all good ones.

awesome! I am not sure whether to pick up manchester tickets.. have to check the bank account!
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    SR259355SR259355 Posts: 50
    Better to get standing tickets for the O2, as it's huge inside.

Saw the foo fighters there, and from where we are setted, they looked like ants..... :|
  • Options
    nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    If I were in Europe, I would get standing. You'll be standing anyways if you get 'seated seats'.
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I went for standing but didn't realise there was no early entry. (and tickets are more expensive than what they'll be available for with even TM).
    then I further realised that 10c tickets are going to get screwed with queuing compare to people that get their tickets by post because at the O2 they use different entrances and you HAVE TO use the one marked on your ticket... which we won't get until very late..

So you might queue for 5 hours only to end up having been in the wrong queue all along because that's not the entrance that's on your ticket :evil:

I'm thinking about buying on the general sale and just reselling my 10cs and save myself the stress!

NIN has early entry at the O2 a month before I believe, I don't know why PJ didn't.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I went for standing but didn't realise there was no early entry. (and tickets are more expensive than what they'll be available for with even TM).
    then I further realised that 10c tickets are going to get screwed with queuing compare to people that get their tickets by post because at the O2 they use different entrances and you HAVE TO use the one marked on your ticket... which we won't get until very late..

So you might queue for 5 hours only to end up having been in the wrong queue all along because that's not the entrance that's on your ticket :evil:

I'm thinking about buying on the general sale and just reselling my 10cs and save myself the stress!

NIN has early entry at the O2 a month before I believe, I don't know why PJ didn't.

So don't queue! Go to le pub instead 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

That's ridiculous, they surely won't let that happen. Can't we pick the tickets up when we get there so we know which queue to use? Wish I had read the "no early entry" bit before I bought the tickets..
  • Options
    if you got great membership number go for the seated option as they will probably be at the side near the front!thats what ive done.
    COYS!
  • Options
    if you got great membership number go for the seated option as they will probably be at the side near the front!thats what ive done.

My membership number is nearly 350,000, only jouined in 2006... I thought maybe that's not very good :D So I've gone for standing.
  • Options
    mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    i would think that standing would always be better, nothing worse than being smashed between some seats while tryin to rock
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    JimNastics wrote:
    I've never been to the o2 Arena, is it better to go for seated or standing? I'm guessing that even the best seats reserved for 10c members would still be quite a distance from the stage?

standing!
    danny d
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    ALWAYS STAND
  • Options
    Guys can you help

I have booked a par of tickets for the O2...

I'll be coming back from my Hoildays from South Africa. Landing at Heathrow at 18:00.

I should get to the O2 around 20:30. How does it work with picking up tickets as a Ten club member :?:

I hope that Ten Club send a map or something to show where to pick tickets up, and the entance?
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    SR259355 wrote:
    Guys can you help

I'll be coming back from my Hoildays from South Africa. Landing at Heathrow at 18:00.

I should get to the O2 around 20:30. How does it work with picking up tickets as a Ten club member :?:

I hope that Ten Club send a map or something to show where to pick tickets up, and the entance?
    We'll probably find out where the box office is nearer the time. Shouldn't be anything too difficult, the place is a huge ring, pretty much impossible to get lost.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I wonder what 325xxx seats would be like hmm?
  • Options
    love-boat-captainlove-boat-captain Essex. UK Posts: 476
    anyone know where abouts the reserved seats will be?
    London 29-10-96, London 29/30-5-00, London 20-4-06, Reading 27-8-06, London 18-6-07, London 11-8-09, London 18-8-09, London 25-6-10, Berlin 30-6-10 / PJ20 3/4-9-11, Manchester 20-6-12, Amsterdam 26/27-6-12, EV-London 30/31-7-12, EV-Orlando 27-11-12
  • Options
    Looking at O2 floor plans, i would think it would look something like this for a 'Rock' gig

Ive only been once, to see Prince, and it is a brilliant venue (that night the stage was in the centre)

Super easy to negotiate, loads of places to get food, and drink, a great choice :mrgreen:

O2Arena_Standing.jpg
  • Options
    TinyFistsTinyFists Posts: 142
    Pegasus wrote:

I didn't think about this at all in my excitement, and automatically went for standing.

Already posted this in the 'petition' thread but looks like o2 customers will be the ones who get let in early:

http://o2blueroom.co.uk/Portal/Pages/Ev ... entid=2313
    Try to tell me that you love me, throw your little punches at me...
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    For an arena the seating in O2 is damn good. The 40X sections are proper nosebleeds, but the 10X sections are surprisingly close to the stage for an arena.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    Are the people who are recommending standing seats happen to be tall by any chance? :? By tall I mean over 5'8 or so?

Just wondering, as I too am stuck with deciding whether to go for seating or not.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    im standing for both!!!!!!!!!!! bring it on :D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    bnewman19bnewman19 Posts: 74
    Awesome, got london tickets. 1st time i've ever got pre sale tickets, normally have poor luck with them. I got seated, mainly 'cause my girlfriend is, let say, not very tall. I've been to the O2 before (prince) so i guess it will depend on how it is set up for the show. I imagine the 10C seats will be great. but hey, any seat is better than no seat. I think the way 10C has released tickets to european members first is great. I missed out last time after trying for hours. this time was much easier.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    JimNastics wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:

That's ridiculous, they surely won't let that happen. Can't we pick the tickets up when we get there so we know which queue to use? Wish I had read the "no early entry" bit before I bought the tickets..
    tickets are never distributed until at best midday (and as late as from 4-5 the previous Euro shows).
    too late, I had no time to see what I was buing because from previous experience you didn't have time to think once it's on sale .. and I have a not so good number.. and seating sucks (I hurt my legs on the seat in front)
    SR259355 wrote:
    Guys can you help

you pick up from the box office...it's normally signposted.
    TinyFists wrote:
    I didn't think about this at all in my excitement, and automatically went for standing.

Already posted this in the 'petition' thread but looks like o2 customers will be the ones who get let in early:

http://o2blueroom.co.uk/Portal/Pages/Ev ... entid=2313
    now if that happens I'm going to be mighty pissed off! only been in the arena once to see KOL and we were definitely the first in (not on O2).
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    Looking at O2 floor plans, i would think it would look something like this for a 'Rock' gig

Ive only been once, to see Prince, and it is a brilliant venue (that night the stage was in the centre)

Super easy to negotiate, loads of places to get food, and drink, a great choice :mrgreen:

O2Arena_Standing.jpg

I was at the O2 when Led Zeppelin played there and I stood about where the letter l is (in floor). I would recommend standing.
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,257
    jmk wrote:

O2Arena_Standing.jpg

I was at the O2 when Led Zeppelin played there and I stood about where the letter l is (in floor). I would recommend standing.

Yes I was also there for Led Zepplein, in the seating area at the back marked around 413. Even those were decent seats. Its a good arena for the audience as its fairly circular, however the sound quality can be pretty poor. The acoustics are awful
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    edved82 wrote:

Yes I was also there for Led Zepplein, in the seating area at the back marked around 413. Even those were decent seats. Its a good arena for the audience as its fairly circular, however the sound quality can be pretty poor. The acoustics are awful

Yes, the acoustics are quite bad at the O2. There was a lot of discussion about it after the Led Zeppelin concert. I really enjoyed the concert although it was really loud and my ears were ringing loud for four days after the concert. I didn't were any earplugs because they take the high frequencies away and it's all bass when you're wearing them. Last fall when I went to the R.E.M. concert in Helsinki I was near the stage with no earplugs, and since that concert my ears has been ringing a bit, but not the irritating because it's not very loud and I only hear it when it's quiet in the room and when I go to sleep.

I'm thinking about buying those professional earplugs that don't filter the highs. How much are they? I've also understood that there is some type that they take some hearing frequency curve and then they fit them perfectly to your ears. They can be expensive I believe but maybe they are worth it. You don't get severe tinnitus and you can enjoy the music even more at concerts.

Does anyone have any of these?
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    jmk wrote:

O2Arena_Standing.jpg

10C said their reserved seating were side seats. Those in Section 101 (102 side) and 112 (111 side) offer very good views.
  • Options
    fowls wrote:
    SR259355 wrote:
    Guys can you help

We'll probably find out where the box office is nearer the time. Shouldn't be anything too difficult, the place is a huge ring, pretty much impossible to get lost.

Cheers thanks for the info