Options

Maybe a stupid questions but i'll ask anyway..

binauralmanbinauralman Posts: 83
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Is there any way possible to get back stage passes, besides knowing the band, friends etc..?
April 28, 2003
May 3, 2003
Camden NJ Sat May 27, 2006
Camden NJ Sun May 28, 2006
Washington DC Tuesday May 30, 2006
E. Rutherford NJ June 01, 2006
E. Rutherford NJ June 03, 2006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Is there any way possible to get back stage passes, besides knowing the band, friends etc..?

Negative....
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    why on earth would you want to know these guys personally? just go to the show and enjoy yourself.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    why on earth would you want to know these guys personally? just go to the show and enjoy yourself.

don't take it personal dude, who wouldn't want back stage passes? don't have to be so pessimistic.
    April 28, 2003
    May 3, 2003
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    don't take it personal dude, who wouldn't want back stage passes? don't have to be so pessimistic.

i just think it's better to know them the way they want us to know them. with music, etc. what if one of them is having a rotten day and ends up blowing you off? why risk ruining the illusion for yourself?
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Typically the only other way to get backstage at a major concert is through the promoter. Before most Rolling Stones shows, Michael Cohl (LiveNation) can be found walking around the crowd checking out the sightlines, lights, etc. I have several friends who have recognized him and asked him for passes to the "Rattlesnake Inn" which is the backstage area at a stones concert. Most of the time the band doesn't make it out to that part of the backstage, but all of the backing musicians and family members are there. I wonder if PJ does the same thing? I am not familiar with their backstage setup to make a decent judgement call. I met Michael Cohl in Chicago a few years ago and he did confirm that he typically only gives out the passes to people from the message board community as they monitor the message boards and get to know some of the "characters" on the boards.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    i just think it's better to know them the way they want us to know them. with music, etc. what if one of them is having a rotten day and ends up blowing you off? why risk ruining the illusion for yourself?
    That's really not the idea of the back stage passes.. just the thought of meeting a life inspiration I think would be anyones dream. Some people look up to Einstein, Young or Shakespeare.. Me i look up to a band who's help me get through life as it is..
    April 28, 2003
    May 3, 2003
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    voodoopug wrote:
    Typically the only other way to get backstage at a major concert is through the promoter. Before most Rolling Stones shows, Michael Cohl (LiveNation) can be found walking around the crowd checking out the sightlines, lights, etc. I have several friends who have recognized him and asked him for passes to the "Rattlesnake Inn" which is the backstage area at a stones concert. Most of the time the band doesn't make it out to that part of the backstage, but all of the backing musicians and family members are there. I wonder if PJ does the same thing? I am not familiar with their backstage setup to make a decent judgement call. I met Michael Cohl in Chicago a few years ago and he did confirm that he typically only gives out the passes to people from the message board community as they monitor the message boards and get to know some of the "characters" on the boards.

A little different for a PJ show. They just dont allow the promoter to let anyone back stage. Not a typical rock show atmosphere imho. You have to know the BAND or SOMEONE related to them to get back for a PJ show. Not a lot of groupies just roaming around. I speak from experience. Totally different vibe with PJ..Mostly just friends and family.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    there are several levels of backstage access

"all access" passes are for friends and family of the band
    "VIP access" passes get you backstage and free food and drink, but not access to the bands dressing rooms etc....
    "security access" just gets you behind the security, but not access to anything that special

you get them
    from the band, the management co, the record co (if there is one), the promoter, or the security provider.

If you have a connection with one of those parties, than you have a shot

otherwise, its pretty much impossible
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I would completely agree with the previous two posts. The main difference being with the Stones, Michael Cohl probably has just as much input as Jagger/Richards/Watts.....I can envision Pearl Jam having much more control of the live shows as they do not integrated many visual effects/stage tricks/etc. Also, when you are charging $450 plus for your top ticket, the promoter must be VERY active to sell that product.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.