Options

NYC/NJ to Outlands??

RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Is anyone from NYC or NJ going to Outlands Festival? My Fiance and I are going to go and are looking for some info hotels, distance from, access etc..has anyone been before? It's a real cheap trip from here, $277 round trip $200 for tix and hotels $100 per night..not bad for a nice lineup..if anyone is going let me know
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    I'll definitey be there! My bro in law lives in San Francisco and went last year to this show which featured Tom Petty as headliner. Should be a great time in a great city! If I'm lucky I'll head from there to a Seattle and then a Vancouver show...that's my wish for this tour...must make Vancouver!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I use Priceline for all of my hotel stays.

I've been traveling for work to San Jose, Berkley, Santa Rosa, and Sacramento.

I always stay in 3 star places and I never pay much more than $60.00 plus tax.

If you put in 1 or 2 star places I'm sure you could score some really cheap digs, although I'm not familiar with San Fransisco proper.

You have a lot of time, so throw some low ball numbers up and see if you can score. The only issue with this system is you pay in advance and are pretty much stuck with that choice, and you don't get to select an exact hotel, but rather are at the mercy of a small geographic area where they will put you.

EDIT: Looks like Marina - Lombard street is the closest "name your own price" to Golden Gate Park, and they only offer 1 and 2 star hotels in that area. The base price is $104 for the 1 star.... My guess is you might be able to score one for $50.00 or so.
  • Options
    I dont mind paying up to $100 for a hotel as long as its wthin a short distance to the park..m buddy told me afer that place clears out isa very sketchy place so I dont know if I want to stay in a shady Motel across the street from the park with my fiance..lol...But I spoke to this place called Hotel Vertigo its a 10 minute cab ride from the park so that might be the play....are you from NY/NJ? Im coming from Hoboken
  • Options
    I'm going from NY. I booked round trip non stop air and 4 nights (orbitz) at the Marriot by union square for a total of $513. I dont think its that close to the park but I plan on seeing as much as San Fransisco as I can.
    4/30/03 7/8/03 7/9/03 7/14/03 9/28/04 9/29/04 9/15/05 5/13/06 6/01/06 6/02/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/27/08 7/1/08 8/4/08 8/5/08 6/8/09 5/19/2010 5/20/2010 5/21/2010 6/22/2011 10/25/2013 8/5/2016 9/2/2018
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    I'm going to Outside Lands too. I booked a hotel around Union Square... a room with 2 double beds and it was only $133 per night (which I think is a bargain). There are other deals out there (around Union Square) whereby you pay 3 nights and get the 4th night free. I love SF and am looking forward to getting out there again... best of all, I'm being flown home (Australia) for work and I'm doing Outside Lands on my way... hurrah! :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    I'm going from NY. I booked round trip non stop air and 4 nights (orbitz) at the Marriot by union square for a total of $513. I dont think its that close to the park but I plan on seeing as much as San Fransisco as I can.

Where in NYC are you coming from? My fiance and I are heading there from Hoboken, leaving Frida a.m @ 7 will be there by 10am..PJ goes on Friday probably around 7-30..lets keep in touch