Options

A few questions.

mikejr0005mikejr0005 Posts: 37
edited April 2009 in The Porch
I was wondering about a few things, and this is the best place to ask.

1) I was on youtube, and I've seen several concerts that are professionally recorded. Like Milan 92', Redding Festival, etc etc,

I was wondering if anyone here knows if you can buy these somewhere, I've searched e-bay, and googled it. But cannot not find anything..... Is this just a trading thing, or are these made available for the public, becuase I really want to advance my PJ collection to pop into my DVD player and vibe in my room/ show them out to my friends and family.

2) I have tickets to the Eddie Vedder solo shows in Atlanta, I got them through ten club, and could not be more excited.... honestly I never thought I'd see his solo show, ever... I thought if he'd ever do another solo tour, he wouldn't come anywhere close to the south. So I am estatic. I've never been more excited for a concert/ show in my life. I was wondering though, for all you ten clubbers that have seen Vedder through 10 club, how good are the seats? are they usually decent? I am just wondering because its a good while till the show, and I want to find out all I can lol. Is it a long show? Man I am sooo siked!

3) The Pearl Jam tour, when Ten club offers tickets, I've heard people brag about how good of tickets 10 club provides you, but I was wondering how can they be any better than the general admission for the pit, y'know? I've had General admission for all of my concerts and got there soo early that I've been like 2nd row back on most of them... I'm just curious, do they let you in early or something? I am sorry if I am annoying, I am just excited. With Vedder coming to Atlanta, I forsee PJ coming down here too, and I have already begun saving for their shows ( I hope they do tour!) and I feel like a kid on Christmas asking about his presents.

Sorry if this went on too long, but I've had the questions on my mind for a good while! lol

Thanks for your time, and thank you Ten Club for hooking me up with tickets to see Vedder, it means soo much to me. This place is awesome! :D

=Mike
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    mikejr0005 wrote:
    I was wondering about a few things, and this is the best place to ask.

1) I was on youtube, and I've seen several concerts that are professionally recorded. Like Milan 92', Redding Festival, etc etc,

I was wondering if anyone here knows if you can buy these somewhere, I've searched e-bay, and googled it. But cannot not find anything..... Is this just a trading thing, or are these made available for the public, becuase I really want to advance my PJ collection to pop into my DVD player and vibe in my room/ show them out to my friends and family.

2) I have tickets to the Eddie Vedder solo shows in Atlanta, I got them through ten club, and could not be more excited.... honestly I never thought I'd see his solo show, ever... I thought if he'd ever do another solo tour, he wouldn't come anywhere close to the south. So I am estatic. I've never been more excited for a concert/ show in my life. I was wondering though, for all you ten clubbers that have seen Vedder through 10 club, how good are the seats? are they usually decent? I am just wondering because its a good while till the show, and I want to find out all I can lol. Is it a long show? Man I am sooo siked!

3) The Pearl Jam tour, when Ten club offers tickets, I've heard people brag about how good of tickets 10 club provides you, but I was wondering how can they be any better than the general admission for the pit, y'know? I've had General admission for all of my concerts and got there soo early that I've been like 2nd row back on most of them... I'm just curious, do they let you in early or something? I am sorry if I am annoying, I am just excited. With Vedder coming to Atlanta, I forsee PJ coming down here too, and I have already begun saving for their shows ( I hope they do tour!) and I feel like a kid on Christmas asking about his presents.

Sorry if this went on too long, but I've had the questions on my mind for a good while! lol

Thanks for your time, and thank you Ten Club for hooking me up with tickets to see Vedder, it means soo much to me. This place is awesome! :D

=Mike

1)PJ doesn't allow dvd boot trading. That being said, stay away from ebay or anywhere else that would have you pay for the stuff that you know isn't legit. There are plenty of other places that can be of help.

2)Seats are generally pretty good...... The show is fairly long

3)In the past, festivals are the only PJ shows that are GA. The rest are by seniority, aside from a few special circumstances.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    2. The seats are really good from my experience. In LA for two nights we were given the first 15 rows in the Orchestra if I remember correctly. Now this could vary per theater cause some of those places have season tickets that are already owned by regular people and scalpers, and that would push you back, but I'm pretty sure even if that is the case then the 10 Club seats are still going to be good.

3. For a regular Pearl Jam show, GA is not very common anymore in the states. If you score Ten Club seats they will generally be really good, but not 2nd row good. This depends on two factors (as of the last tour).

1st thing is seniority. The better your Ten Club number the better your seats. Here is a wild guess about where you seats might be if Pearl Jam came to the ATL. (Being that it will be a pretty hot show based on geographic location, lack of recent shows in the ATL, and because the reputation of shows in that city is good.

Ten Club #10,000 - 3rd row center stage.
    Ten Club #100,000 - 5th row Mike's Side
    Ten Club #200,000 - 11th row or in an arena perhaps in the lodge 1st 5 rows Stone's side close to stage.
    Ten Club #300,000 - 17th row or in an arena perhaps in the lodge center ice.
    Ten Club #400,000 - In the building. :D (these will be pretty good too.....)

The 2nd thing is the random lottery. During the last tour EVERYONE had a shot at sitting in rows 1,2,9, and 10.

So if you hit the lottery you could be right up front with out some 6 foot 3 sweaty dude riding your backside and another giant in front of you blocking your view, and then without three of their buddies joining them and pushing you back from the spot you grabbed by being 1st in line. And you can leave to use the bathroom and when you come back your seat is waiting for you. So better than GA IMO.

Have a great time.... and there is a VERY good chance that the seats will be even better than I'm guessing. It all depends on how many 10 Clubbers go to the show and how good those #'s are.
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    how do they work out your ten club number, is through time as a member?
  • Options
    OneTooFreeOneTooFree Posts: 265
    the PJ show i've ever been to where the whole thing was GA was at the Bill Graham Auditorium in San Fran (7.16)

one of the best shows i've ever seen
  • Options
    Thanks for all you guy's help. Especially on the whole DVD thing, I'll just try and watch it on youtube then.

So most PJ shows have seating instead of GA? Or maybe I read that wrong.... hmm..

Thanks everyone!

-Mike
  • Options
    ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    mikejr0005 wrote:
    So most PJ shows have seating instead of GA? Or maybe I read that wrong.... hmm..

Over here in europe the shows are usually still GA. From what I understand, this is rarely the case pretty much everywhere else they play.
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    mikejr0005 wrote:
    Thanks for all you guy's help. Especially on the whole DVD thing, I'll just try and watch it on youtube then.

Thanks everyone!

-Mike
    Only GA in the US coz they're too pussified over there for a bit of jostling around ;)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    mikejr0005 wrote:

Thanks everyone!

-Mike
    Only GA in the US coz they're too pussified over there for a bit of jostling around ;)

Yep, way to pussified. I don't get why we can't have GA here. I know I know...it's sooooo European. I like it better even if you do get beat to hell and get dripped on by everyone around you. The energy is unreal.
  • Options
    Yeah, every concert I've been to has been GA. Thats kinda weird, never knew that about a PJ show. Either way its gonna rock. Just nice to know this fact. Hope to get some good tickets!