Ticketmaster or should I hold out on the pit

WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
edited April 2009 in The Porch
shouuld I wait or try sat for ATL :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    i can only pray somebody here at the pit can hook me up with a philly 2 and a baltimore 1 ticket...i have circumstances beyond my control that require me to be away from a computer at the times both these shows go on sale on ticketmaster and live nation :(
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    I'd say wait the TM fees will be insane.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    I got the email saying I got picked in the lottery for the Albany night 2 if it happens, so I think I'm just going to wait and see how it goes after the TM public onsale.. here's to hoping all of the people who didn't get picked for either night of the lottery sell out night 1.
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    wait for the day of the show. buy from someone desperate ot unload a ticker or two...youll pay less than face.

i feel like i give this advice in every thread but its true
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    my ticket totaled about 100 for EV in NYC last summer through ticketmaster with tax/fees, if i remember correctly. if it's not worth that for you, hold out and show up at the show. if you'd pay 100, and the peace mind of having a guaranteed ticket is worth it, go for tm.

if your short on funds ... wait.
    if your not ... tm.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,219
    wait for the day of the show. buy from someone desperate ot unload a ticker or two...youll pay less than face.

It is very true, but sometimes it worth paying a little more for some peace of mind.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Oh for Christ's sakes people... the tickets the 10c sells are sold via TM! They have fees built in... I've bought PJ tix from the 10c and from TM and there is almost no difference in price. Quit reeling off your Ed parroting act from 1995 and join reality. That stance was cool 15 years ago :roll:
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,844
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Oh for Christ's sakes people... the tickets the 10c sells are sold via TM! They have fees built in... I've bought PJ tix from the 10c and from TM and there is almost no difference in price. Quit reeling off your Ed parroting act from 1995 and join reality. That stance was cool 15 years ago :roll:
    good morning to you too!!!!!!!!

hehehehehe..................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    edited April 2009

I would wait till the day of the show but I live in south Carolina and I was thinking of flying instead of driving cos I don't know of anyone going from my home town. I guess I will go ahead with TM and If I see something better closer to the show I'll just go ahead and get another. Im sure I can find some one to go if I offer it real cheap or maybe give it to someone. Its all about peace of mind for me cos I lost too much sleep waiting on the lotto results.
    Post edited by WaveCameCrashin on
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,756
    Try TM. It's worth a shot.
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    You should try your luck with ticketmaster. Theres a good chance 10c tickets will pop up around the pit before the shows. You could always resell your TM ticket.
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239

i remember last time on the day of the shows on ticketsnow and stubhub tickets were like 30 the day of the shows!!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010