The Official "I Don't Care About Ed Solo Shows" thread

fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Yup, more Ed sitting on a stool singing boring Into the Wild, riot act, protest, shitty accoustic songs. I'd be looking at my watch 30 minutes in - and I'm not kidding. Eighty dollars a ticket for that? Negro, please. Pass.

Hopefully, Ed still finds time this summer to make sure that Pearl Jam "9" doesn't sound like riot act. Having BO'B producing makes me pretty hopeful, after all.

This is not a thread to bitch or be negative. It's the absence of negativity - simply not caring. In fact, maybe I should just delete this thread since I don't care.

JET rule. And obsessing over Jamily Posters is silly. I mean, "thilly."
Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    he he he you know your bitching :lol: but i really don't care ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    wow serious you think this isn't a negative post?? wow... you don't have to go to any solo shows.. Why be so negative towards them if it makes some people happy... Acoustic shows are sometimes a really great experience.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    It's a positive thread, actually. Making time to be sure that PJ9 is better than riot act is a great thing. And proclaiming Jamily Posters to be thilly is also very positive.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    you say you don't care but you cared enough to start a thread about it.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    Boggles the mind, doesn't it?
  • ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    fanch75 wrote:
    It's a positive thread, actually. Making time to be sure that PJ9 is better than riot act is a great thing. And proclaiming Jamily Posters to be thilly is also very positive.

I would rather it was more like RA than Avocado personally.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    This tour and this thread may benefit from the following:

"When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact
    No trade-backs...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then..."

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    Well-played, PBM. A lot of underlying truth in those words in how they relate the past to this tour.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    fanch75 wrote:
    Yup, more Ed sitting on a stool singing boring Into the Wild, riot act, protest, shitty accoustic songs. I'd be looking at my watch 30 minutes in - and I'm not kidding. Eighty dollars a ticket for that? Negro, please. Pass.

Hopefully, Ed still finds time this summer to make sure that Pearl Jam "9" doesn't sound like riot act. Having BO'B producing makes me pretty hopeful, after all.

This is not a thread to bitch or be negative. It's the absence of negativity - simply not caring. In fact, maybe I should just delete this thread since I don't care.

JET rule. And obsessing over Jamily Posters is silly. I mean, "thilly."

I like your thread. :)
  • Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 855
    KISS is touring this summer, did you get your vote in for your city?
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
    KISS is touring this summer, did you get your vote in for your city?

I did! I voted for Pittsburgh. I live very, very close to you (based on your location).

Patrick - thanks dude!
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    3 different tours promoting the same album, it's gotta be a record.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • breath123breath123 Posts: 397
    honestly, it's a great show....once.

seen it, been there, done that.

have a great time ed. get it all out of your system.

see you in the fall
  • KISS is touring this summer, did you get your vote in for your city?

ahh KISS. exploiting fans since 1974.

perhaps you're reading this on your KISS computer while sitting in your KISS chair and using your KISS mouse while wearing your KISS underwear and KISS pajamas and drinking coffee from your KISS mug that you place on your KISS coaster and you have to be careful not to spill it on your KISS rug, but if you do you'll use your KISS carpet cleaner.
    [
    perhaps you're reading this on your KISS computer while sitting in your KISS chair and using your KISS mouse while wearing your KISS underwear and KISS pajamas and drinking coffee from your KISS mug that you place on your KISS coaster and you have to be careful not to spill it on your KISS rug, but if you do you'll use your KISS carpet cleaner.

You do realize there is a vast amount of Pearl Jam related merchandise on this very website in addition to the multiple versions of the remastered Ten that compliment the video game accessories.

Hello Kettle, you're black. :D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Man that'd be really rad if I had all that stuff!
    fanch75 wrote:
    Man that'd be really rad if I had all that stuff!

I have a KISS phone that plays "Rock N Roll All Nite" when it rings. :lol:

PBM

• [

You do realize there is a vast amount of Pearl Jam related merchandise on this very website in addition to the multiple versions of the remastered Ten that compliment the video game accessories.

Hello Kettle, you're black. :D

PBM

there is not a single band on the planet that can compare to KISS when it comes to merchandise and exploitation of fans. how many times have they had a farewell tour?
    there is not a single band on the planet that can compare to KISS when it comes to merchandise and exploitation of fans. how many times have they had a farewell tour?

I'm not saying that...just saying you can't damn one band for making a buck and praising another. That's all.

PBM

• there is not a single band on the planet that can compare to KISS when it comes to merchandise and exploitation of fans. how many times have they had a farewell tour?

I'm not saying that...just saying you can't damn one band for making a buck and praising another. That's all.

PBM

who said i don't damn pearl jam for choices they make? i do.
    i am a target, you should listen to W.A.S.P.; that's a band of substance.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    fanch75 wrote:
    this is negative..
    what if ed paints his face for the solo show.
    are you totally in man?! *sticking my tongue out gene style*
  • fanch75 wrote:

riot act = mixed by BO'B
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
    fanch75 wrote:

riot act = mixed by BO'B

Mixing doesn't mean anything. There's a saying, it's "You can't shine shit. You can try, but it's still shit." That applies here in regards to riot act being mixed by BO'B.

And to the other gentleman - I'd go if Ed sucked his own finger, shook his ass & spanked himself, a la Paul Stanley. That'd be rock & roll. Oh and spit blood & fly to the ceiling (using an eco-friendly machine, of course).
    who said i don't damn pearl jam for choices they make? i do.

Insert thumbs up here.

PBM

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    fanch75 wrote:
    I once saw W.A.S.P. open for Kiss, back when the late great Eric Carr was drumming for Kiss.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • fanch75 wrote:

i figured with a KISS avatar you'd suggest Whitesnake or Great White..maybe some Poison?
    Poncier wrote:
    Eric Carr

RIP

PBM

• G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    Your negative non negative thread is retarded.

Please turn in your membership card and leave the forum.

You are officially a ___________ (Choose your own negative/non negative adjective)

Thanks for your ungrateful, its all about me post. It was so enlightening.
    TipJammer wrote:
    Your negative non negative thread is retarded.

Please turn in your membership card and leave the forum.

You are officially a ___________ (Choose your own negative/non negative adjective)

Thanks for your ungrateful, its all about me post. It was so enlightening.

I'll keep my membership card, thanks, and you're quite welcome. However, I take offense to your derogatory use of the word "retarded."