Options

the ticket policy needs to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SS2972SS2972 Posts: 49
edited April 2009 in The Porch
like in the past the members who joined the club in 1991 or 92 should get the first couple of rows and pick more than one show to go to. i think its fair that way!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    spank you happy helperton.
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Fuck No.
    I was born In December 1992, Not really my fault I didn't join up years ago.
    All the old people have been hogging up the front rows too long.
    Im as big of a fan as the people who joined in 92
    The new ticket policy is awesome and more fair.

Only thing I would change is instead of only ONE show per TOUR i'd say TWO shows per TOUR.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    SS2972SS2972 Posts: 49
    the rule should be as many shows as you want.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,225
    I don't think that method is the fairest either. the first tour that used senority was in 2000. So that earliest members have been getting first few rows since then. At that point they'd of been fan club members for 8 years.

Now people who signed up saying when yield came out.. have been in the club for 11 years and they still don't have seats that good.

Once senority was established for ticket distribution the attritition rate dropped signifigantly. IE people with good numbers don't often forget to renew.

It means that seat allocations are stagnate. Which means people who have never been in the front rows, probably never will get to be in the front rows. People who have been in the 10c since its inception could get front row for decades. Doesn't seem fair either :)
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Fuck No.
    I was born In December 1992, Not really my fault I didn't join up years ago.
    All the old people have been hogging up the front rows too long.
    Im as big of a fan as the people who joined in 92
    The new ticket policy is awesome and more fair.

Only thing I would change is instead of only ONE show per TOUR i'd say TWO shows per TOUR.

No one said this is the new ticket policy though, Pearl Jam shows are VERY different from Ed shows, I think and I hope that this is not a policy they will implement for PJ shows..

And one more thing. I am not OLD! :P
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Zod wrote:
    I don't think that method is the fairest either. the first tour that used senority was in 2000. So that earliest members have been getting first few rows since then. At that point they'd of been fan club members for 8 years.

Now people who signed up saying when yield came out.. have been in the club for 11 years and they still don't have seats that good.

Once senority was established for ticket distribution the attritition rate dropped signifigantly. IE people with good numbers don't often forget to renew.

It means that seat allocations are stagnate. Which means people who have never been in the front rows, probably never will get to be in the front rows. People who have been in the 10c since its inception could get front row for decades. Doesn't seem fair either :)

hence the lottery started in 2008 and will most likely continue.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

I think the lottery for the first rows is a wonderful thing! :)
  • Options
    SS2972 wrote:
    Ok but look when 1 person goes to say 6 shows in one tour well it takes those tickets away from other people who may not even get one show with their 10c tickets.
    If you limit the amount of shows people can go to with their 10c tickets than more people will get to go to atleast one show per tour.
    If you want to go to aton of shows just deal with other ticket sources there are plenty of them its just more fair the new way.
    Shows:
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

I think the lottery for the first rows is a wonderful thing! :)

Same here! It gives kids likes me a better chance at better seats :D
    Shows:
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    SS2972 wrote:
    like in the past the members who joined the club in 1991 or 92 should get the first couple of rows and pick more than one show to go to. i think its fair that way!

You're in the Pearl Jam fan club.... you need to be in the Eddie Vedder fan club to qualify for the front row for these shows.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    SS2972 wrote:

This is the problem i have with threads like these. I know this isn't related to the Eddie Vedder shows but when i see posts LIKE this it is a bit annoying.

Some people will think im showing off or some shit but what about people like me who are only 18 who have seen Pearl Jam 11 times in 5 different countries (that includes travelling to USA from Europe). I/We can't get front row or close simply becuase of our age. I'm probably the only person my age who does this so in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't mean anything, however it is also relevant to fans who are just as hardcore and obviously more and maybe hadn't discovered the band until post 2000. But then again if you are a fan member since 1991/92 you have (most likely) supported the band the most and you should be rewarded.

That's why it would be very intreresting to see some sort of special points system made. Like you get a score or something depending on what shows you have been to compared to where you live, and how many shows you have been to over such and such time. This then maybe filters out people who are getting awesome tickets and probably not big fans because they just joined the fanclub back in the day when they loved Jeremy and Alive. There could be exceptions and this is probably an horrific idea but its a rather radical random thought i had one day!

Certainly a toughy.
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    SS2972 wrote:
    Ok but look when 1 person goes to say 6 shows in one tour well it takes those tickets away from other people who may not even get one show with their 10c tickets.
    If you limit the amount of shows people can go to with their 10c tickets than more people will get to go to atleast one show per tour.
    If you want to go to aton of shows just deal with other ticket sources there are plenty of them its just more fair the new way.

Not every show sells out though. Or when they do, not all the 10c tickets sell out very fast. MSG 08 was the only show I had a hard time getting tickets for as long as I remember. I got shut out of Ed solo in DC as well on the 2nd night. And this is not 1994/1995. As bad as it is, in a lot of places, they don't have the demand that they used to.
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    SS2972 wrote:

I dont agree, I went through the 1 show on 1996 and 1998 and it was a pain in the ass, I went to 99% of the East Coast shows on 1996 and some of the shows I had to get there early to hope someone was selling tickets at the door, not always the greatest seats but hell I was in…

I think that being able to pick more than show is wonderful, most people only do 5 or 6 shows anyways..
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    SS2972 wrote:

Not every show sells out though. Or when they do, not all the 10c tickets sell out very fast. MSG 08 was the only show I had a hard time getting tickets for as long as I remember. I got shut out of Ed solo in DC as well on the 2nd night. And this is not 1994/1995. As bad as it is, in a lot of places, they don't have the demand that they used to.

Ok fair point but when Pearl Jam tours there is gonna be big demand especially where I live.
    It might be easier this year to get tickets because of the economy people cant go to aton of shows anymore
    Post edited by PJFAN_seattle on
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    SS2972 wrote:

very good point
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,225
    edited April 2009
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    SS2972 wrote:

I gave that some thought, because I did notice the rows I sat in were a bit further back between the binaural/riot act tours as a result of unlimited shows. I think for me it made about a 7 row difference.

I did realize something though.. there's alot of people that follow the band around, and they must buy alot of tickets. From the band's perspective is probably helps sell out concerts with that kind of following. If they can sell a few thousand extra tickets for every show to people who see them more than once, it must ramp up ticket sales. Hence why they added the multiple ticket option.

As for the lottery it was a good idea. Allthough tecnically speaking; odds are you'll be 4 rows further back then actually winning the lottery :)
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Ok fair point but when Pearl Jam tours there is gonna be big demand especially where I live.[/quote]

Same here, I live in the most populated area of the country with a heavy amount of fan club members. But it is OK, that is just how it works out. There are always tickets to be found.