Options

please forgive me....

13»

Comments

• Options
    WOW!! i'm suprised by some of the songs you people are saying you don't like!

I think Evacuation & Parachutes are the only songs i hate...last kiss doesn't count because it's not a PJ song..or else that would be on my short list too!

but not liking GTF,SOH and whipping?!! fucking crazy!!In the words of Gordon Ramsay "are you pulling my plunker?"

:shock: Parachutes is in my Top 5 favourites :P :lol:

The world would be a funny place if we all liked the same thing though, eh? :mrgreen:

Very true. I think I go through a PJ cycle though...where I rearrange my rank of songs everyday. It really is hard to pick a favorite or least favorite imo...
  • Options
    :shock: Parachutes is in my Top 5 favourites :P

The world would be a funny place if we all liked the same thing though, eh? :mrgreen:

top 5?! :o:o :shock: :shock: :lol:

I know there are a few people who like it a lot and that's cool(It's just not for me) but as far as the OP not liking GTF!! that's just fucking nuts!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    WOW!! i'm suprised by some of the songs you people are saying you don't like!

I think Evacuation & Parachutes are the only songs i hate...last kiss doesn't count because it's not a PJ song..or else that would be on my short list too!

but not liking GTF,SOH and whipping?!! fucking crazy!!In the words of Gordon Ramsay "are you pulling my plunker?"

Very true. I think I go through a PJ cycle though...where I rearrange my rank of songs everyday. It really is hard to pick a favorite or least favorite imo...

To be honest, reading most posts on here about 'favourite PJ songs', I get the impression that a large percentage of us do that too!
    I do tend to have a core few that never change though... Better Man, Parachutes, Half Full and GTF. The last 1 of my top 5 changes... sometimes often, other times not so. At the moment and for the past year it's been Brother but that may change again soon, i've been doing some hardcore PJ listening of late 8-)
    I've noticed that a fair few have listed some of my core favourites as songs they dislike... ah well... I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it! I just hope that after they've rolled their eyes, they all see me go crazy to 'em at the next show ;):mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    :shock: Parachutes is in my Top 5 favourites :P

top 5?! :o:o :shock: :shock: :lol:

I know there are a few people who like it a lot and that's cool(It's just not for me) but as far as the OP not liking GTF!! that's just fucking nuts!! :mrgreen:

I like Parachutes way better than Given to Fly.
  • Options

coming from someone who likes Oasis more than PJ that shit doesn't suprise me. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

oh well...not everyone was blessed with golden ears like me. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    In my ever fluctuating top ten, Parachutes, Who u r, In the Moonlight and Evacuation often find placement...
    Im surprised so many dislike them.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202

coming from someone who likes Oasis more than PJ that shit doesn't suprise me. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

oh well...not everyone was blessed with golden ears like me. :mrgreen:

Who said I like Oasis more than PJ?

I like all of Stone's songs best... he's the man. Nobody grooves like Stone!
  • Options
    CraneCrane Posts: 192
    Oasis rule.....the only band that has stuck with me since I was about 7.

Who You Are (especially live)
    Comatose (along with half of Avocado, all sound alike)
    Evacuation (just that lead at the start that follows the chorus's melody)

That's about it. Nothing else stands out as too bad
    "The mind is a wonderfull thing to be altered"

The Point, Dublin 2006
    Bercy, Paris September 11, 2006
    ISS Dome, Dusseldorf, 2007
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    but I don't like the following songs:

Who You Are (this one makes me cringe)
    Come Back
    Help Help
    Push Me, Pull Me

and probably the one I'll get my ass kicked for : Given To Fly

what are yours?
    THIS IS A JOKE THREAD, RIGHT?

Come on now, you have Thumbing My Way as your favorite song in your profile.
    Not one single track from Riot Act deserves to be a favorite song, not even top 20. ;)

My little shit list:
    Unemployable - worst junk ever!
    Dissident
    Whipping
    all oddities on Vitalogy
    Evacuation
    LBC
    Ghost
    Get Right
    Green Disease
    Help Help
    Hitch Hiker
    DGNL
    Sweet Lew
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

THIS IS A JOKE THREAD, RIGHT?

Come on now, you have Thumbing My Way as your favorite song in your profile.
    Not one single track from Riot Act deserves to be a favorite song, not even top 20. ;)
    Yes thumbing my way is my #1 and all or none is my #2 :D
    No jokes here! :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    i could do without Evacuation and Do The Evolution
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options

all or none is fucking awesome...took me awhile to get into that one...but now i LOVE IT!!
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of push me, pull me, aye davanita. To each his/her own.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089

Good to hear that I am not the only one who loves Parachutes. It isn't a top 5 for me, but is probably a top 10ish song. When my old iPod died two months ago it was the #1 played song. I don't know why so many people hate it like they do!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    All or None is good.
    Do you have Bayleaf? it's the exact same riff off Anchors.

And Parachutes is great too, probably my third favorite track of S/T.
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Sian-of-the-dead wrote:

Parachutes is in my Top 5 favourites

The world would be a funny place if we all liked the same thing though, eh?

Good to hear that I am not the only one who loves Parachutes. It isn't a top 5 for me, but is probably a top 10ish song. When my old iPod died two months ago it was the #1 played song. I don't know why so many people hate it like they do!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Looks like I should track down Bayleaf.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    but I don't like the following songs:

Who You Are (this one makes me cringe)
    Come Back
    Help Help
    Push Me, Pull Me

and probably the one I'll get my ass kicked for : Given To Fly

what are yours?

I will pray on your behalf that my wife never sees this post. She will hunt you down and issue a female castration.
    YIKES!!!!

in my defense, I don't mind G2F live... it's tolerable.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    Whale Song. and Gemmie Out of Control.. Can't even get past the first bar without running to change it..
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)