Options

Pearl Jam Setlists

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
edited February 2009 in The Porch
Could the new websites setlist database be designed any worse? Holy shit... you have to look them up by the name of the venue? I can't even name the venue of shows I attended!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    My feeling is that its gonna be fixed real soon to be searchable by a number of categories, but yea, as is it sucks.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,232
    Could the new websites setlist database be designed any worse? Holy shit... you have to look them up by the name of the venue? I can't even name the venue of shows I attended!

Do you need a hug or something man? Why do all your posts, threads etc.. have to be so negative?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Do you need a hug or something man? Why do all your posts, threads etc.. have to be so negative?

I think you suffer from selective reading. It just so happens that you only notice the negative. My positive posts go unread and unremarked. We all find it a lot more gratifying to adopt a tone of moral outrage and superiority than to pat each other on the back about how great our dream setlists are. It's the Howard Stern effect... your pulse quickens when you see I've posted as you think "what'd he say this time that I can act appalled about?"

But come on, even you have to admit the way the setlist thing is now makes it a pain in the ass to find anything.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Why do people have to get all over each other around here? D, you're a great guy and a legend on the board, but what's wrong about bringing up a valid point about something that you'd like to see changed? There's nothing negative about wanting to see change, its how things get done. I would criticize much more harshly those who just say "things are the way they are, and you should just learn to deal with it"
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    But come on, even you have to admit the way the setlist thing is now makes it a pain in the ass to find anything.

Of course! Things are being updated! Things take time! Patience!!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,390
    it is a pain. hopefully, they'll fix it soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

How do you know that? Maybe they didn't even realize it was all screwy? I'm not privvy to the inner workings of their web design team... I'd rather bring it up and hear they're working on it than have all of us sitting around not saying anything while the problem goes unnoticed and unresolved because we're all just supposed to be patient and hope they notice and correct everything on their own.

Glad they're working on it though... because that would be a pain... what would you do about venues with multiple names? Some places call it Value City Arena, some the Schottenstein Center. DTE used to be Pine Knob... is it the name used on the day they last played it, or its current name?

Maybe it could be like a scavenger hunt?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,020
    demetrios wrote:

haha, no shit! :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    i have to agree I miss the way it was, by year
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I agree that it looks like it will be an option later, right now only by Title there though that I can see. But, you can search by year for now by going to Edit my Profile where you add your concerts, type in a year and they all come up. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,617
    It just so happens that you only notice the negative.
    How do you know that? Maybe they didn't even realize it was all screwy? I'm not privvy to the inner workings of their web design team... I'd rather bring it up and hear they're working on it than have all of us sitting around not saying anything while the problem goes unnoticed and unresolved because we're all just supposed to be patient and hope they notice and correct everything on their own.

Glad they're working on it though... because that would be a pain... what would you do about venues with multiple names? Some places call it Value City Arena, some the Schottenstein Center. DTE used to be Pine Knob... is it the name used on the day they last played it, or its current name?

it just so happens that you turn NEGATIVE before you read all the available info - from the HOME page:

"Pearljam.com v2.0.1 beta

Welcome to the new PearlJam.com. This is the very first step in an ongoing process to update the Pearl Jam/Ten Club website and we are in the process of adding a lot of new features for the members of the Ten Club. We decided to give everyone an advanced look at the direction we are taking with the site. The full site will be operational over the next several weeks, with lots of exciting changes and updates planned for the near future and throughout the entire next year. As we launch this very first beta version of the new site, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we get things up to speed."
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    100 Pacer wrote:
    It just so happens that you only notice the negative.

it just so happens that you turn NEGATIVE before you read all the available info - from the HOME page:

Welcome to the new PearlJam.com. This is the very first step in an ongoing process to update the Pearl Jam/Ten Club website and we are in the process of adding a lot of new features for the members of the Ten Club. We decided to give everyone an advanced look at the direction we are taking with the site. The full site will be operational over the next several weeks, with lots of exciting changes and updates planned for the near future and throughout the entire next year. As we launch this very first beta version of the new site, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we get things up to speed."

BINGO!!!
    demetrios wrote:

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

Boooooooo-ya!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

Hmmm... where in there does it say "We'll fix the setlist search option in good time"? I'm not seeing it... besides, this says it's a test version. To be tested, that means you need feedback on what works and what doesn't. There are bound to be bugs, but you can't fix something unless you know it isn't working. Things get overlooked. Plus, I'm willing to bet that message stays there permanently, as an ass-covering catch-all ;)

Lord, you all are an uptight bunch. There's a reason I stay away from the Porch... at least on the Moving Train when people get all wound up and defensive, it's over something kind of important!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,617
    100 Pacer wrote:

Hmmm... where in there does it say "We'll fix the setlist search option in good time"? I'm not seeing it... besides, this says it's a test version. To be tested, that means you need feedback on what works and what doesn't. There are bound to be bugs, but you can't fix something unless you know it isn't working. Things get overlooked. Plus, I'm willing to bet that message stays there permanently, as an ass-covering catch-all ;)

Lord, you all are an uptight bunch. There's a reason I stay away from the Porch... at least on the Moving Train when people get all wound up and defensive, it's over something kind of important!

this isn't a software release beta-version. the website has yet to be completed, and the declaration above states the website is ever-evolving until such time as it's deemed to be complete. your bitching about a function not working to your "Fanboy" satisfaction is, while nothing new, a useless gesture until the website has been fully completed, at which time it would be correct to voice approval or disapproval with the final product and either choose to accept or move on elsewhere.

it's funny,...you claim to "stay away from the Porch" yet every few days, like clockwork, you create a bitch post about not liking this function or that function, not liking this aspect of PJ's touring prospects or that, etc. and then take cover under the "Lord, you all are an uptight bunch."

i can't help but notice how NEEDY you are with regards to PJ/Porch having to tolerate the "accept your feedback" or "PJ will appreciate my protecting them from Trekkies" threads - it's Fanboys like you that honestly foul up the Porch,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    www.twofeetthick.com

Much more info on shows there anyhow until and if they get it fixed here....:-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

it's funny,...you claim to "stay away from the Porch" yet every few days, like clockwork, you create a bitch post about not liking this function or that function, not liking this aspect of PJ's touring prospects or that, etc. and then take cover under the "Lord, you all are an uptight bunch."

i can't help but notice how NEEDY you are with regards to PJ/Porch having to tolerate the "accept your feedback" or "PJ will appreciate my protecting them from Trekkies" threads - it's Fanboys like you that honestly foul up the Porch,...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    this isn't a software release beta-version. the website has yet to be completed, and the declaration above states the website is ever-evolving until such time as it's deemed to be complete. your bitching about a function not working to your "Fanboy" satisfaction is, while nothing new, a useless gesture until the website has been fully completed, at which time it would be correct to voice approval or disapproval with the final product and either choose to accept or move on elsewhere.

I apologize to the website people then. I'm sure they'll all cry themselves to sleep tonight over what a big meanie I am for being unaware of the exact progress/status of their updates.

I make as many positive praise posts, those are just far less interesting to read. That's why you don't see them... even you are bored by another post ranking fav albums or dream setlists so you don't read them.

What I can't help but notice is that if I'm no more than a needy attention whore... what does it say about the fact that you can't simply ignore my gripes and instead come rushing to the band/web designers' defense like their knight in shining armor? If the band doesn't need my protection from Trekkie-fans, they don't need your protection from my criticisms either.

But you're right, I am a negative Nelly and you've opened my eyes... I want to reform! I'm going to go make another thread ranking the posters' sex appeal based on the boner each one gives me. It's going to be awesome and totally unique!