Touring Fans film...

||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
edited January 2008 in The Porch
So i got an email from the Bugs mailing list saying the film was done and uploaded to http://www.touringvan.com/movie and it is indeed there. It's in nine parts and i really want to watch it but its just jumpy and choppy wheni play it.

Is anyone else having this trouble or is it just my crappy laptop?
"This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    So i got an email from the Bugs mailing list saying the film was done and uploaded to http://www.touringvan.com/movie and it is indeed there. It's in nine parts and i really want to watch it but its just jumpy and choppy wheni play it.

Is anyone else having this trouble or is it just my crappy laptop?
    nope..I have the same problem despite my fast broadband.
    I'll see if it gets better when I have downloaded and converted them and I'll let you know.
  • Pegasus wrote:
    nope..I have the same problem despite my fast broadband.
    I'll see if it gets better when I have downloaded and converted them and I'll let you know.

Thanks! Where are you downloading them from? I could only see streaming links.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I had trouble viewing it to... it was hard to watch at times, but i really enjoyed listening to it all ....
  • you guys are all having problems with the sttream ?? wow, im glad i got to watch it like a week ago straight out of premiere :D
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    you guys are all having problems with the sttream ?? wow, im glad i got to watch it like a week ago straight out of premiere :D
    Show off :p
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Show off :p

lol yeah , it was actually slightly choppy when i watched it too so it could just be the editing a little... he was kinda slammed when he was putting it together so i dont think he put as much time into as he probably would have liked too
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    worked fine for me!
    lol yeah , it was actually slightly choppy when i watched it too so it could just be the editing a little... he was kinda slammed when he was putting it together so i dont think he put as much time into as he probably would have liked too
    I totally can't figure out who you are :o Do I know you?
    I've watched part one when he posted the teaser about a week ago, but the streaming was bad. I'm gonna try to watch the whole thing, if it doesn't work, I got nice friends... :D
    And he did say he edited it in a hurry, woulda been better if he had more time...
    BUT, hey, its touring van productions, it can't be bad :)
  • I totally can't figure out who you are :o Do I know you?
    I've watched part one when he posted the teaser about a week ago, but the streaming was bad. I'm gonna try to watch the whole thing, if it doesn't work, I got nice friends... :D
    And he did say he edited it in a hurry, woulda been better if he had more time...
    BUT, hey, its touring van productions, it can't be bad :)

i dont think you know me but i think you know my wife ;)

i havent tried watching it online yet but ill let you know if it works for me
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I totally can't figure out who you are :o Do I know you?
    You two haven't met. I didn't know, but then I looked at his list of shows and...
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    pjtaper wrote:
    worked fine for me!

Same here! Plus capturing the .flv files with thy WMR didn't see any problems playing the video.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    demetrios wrote:
    Same here! Plus capturing the .flv files with thy WMR didn't see any problems playing the video.
    that's the only way I can watch it properly...capturing the flvs..
    I'm working on converting them to Avi for easier playback (though it plays fine in VLC player in flv), but encountering problem in finding the right format for Media Player to read them.. if anyone got tips...

I'll then put the results on megaupload or something like that so anyone with streaming problems (that's most from the feedback on facebook) can get it (I'll triple check it's ok with Jason, but he seemed fine when I mentionned it few days ago)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Up to now, worked fine for me!
  • Pegasus wrote:
    that's the only way I can watch it properly...capturing the flvs..
    I'm working on converting them to Avi for easier playback (though it plays fine in VLC player in flv), but encountering problem in finding the right format for Media Player to read them.. if anyone got tips...

I'll then put the results on megaupload or something like that so anyone with streaming problems (that's most from the feedback on facebook) can get it (I'll triple check it's ok with Jason, but he seemed fine when I mentionned it few days ago)

Ok that made little to no sense to me :P
    I'll wait and see what happens!

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    very cool film yet again from Jason... loved seeing everyone in their glory :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I totally applaud the effort :D, but please, please, please..... don't stick a camera or microphone in my face when I'm drunk! After about 40 minutes of this "beer bottle philosophy," I couldn't take any more. I could only imagine that the next 45 minutes would be more of the same (over and over until my head ached).

Drunks only amuse me when I'm drunk, too.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    I totally applaud the effort :D, but please, please, please..... don't stick a camera or microphone in my face when I'm drunk! After about 40 minutes of this "beer bottle philosophy," I couldn't take any more. I could only imagine that the next 45 minutes would be more of the same (over and over until my head ached).

are you on it, if so when and who ?? lol
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    i dont think you know me but i think you know my wife ;)

i havent tried watching it online yet but ill let you know if it works for me
    I figured you out :D Say HI to her from me ;)
  • I still can't watch it without it freezing and skipping :(

• wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Have you tried pausing it first to let the film buffer first (waiting for the little grey time scale to go to the end) and then play?

That's what im trying at the mo. :)
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • wash_ wrote:
    Have you tried pausing it first to let the film buffer first (waiting for the little grey time scale to go to the end) and then play?

That's what im trying at the mo. :)

Hey Ems :)

Yeah i've tried that but it didn't make a difference for me. I'll hold out and wait for a downloadable version, or for youtube.

• wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073

Yeah i've tried that but it didn't make a difference for me. I'll hold out and wait for a downloadable version, or for youtube.

Thats a shame...its working for me.

When u watch it, get some tissues. Great memories! :)
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    "You get transfixed on Mike McCready and his joy, You can not escape Mike McCready's joy, it's infectious"
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    imalive wrote:

That happened to me, but thankfully I didn't make the cut. I talked utter shite! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623

Isn't really working for me either. I've watched about half an hour of it over a three out period.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Great job once again Jason! Love seeing so many friends. :) I'm also glad that as many times as I have seen you, it's always been without your camera. ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    so how come i was the only one in it with love for binaural? :P
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    Anyone have any of these on DVD? All that I have is the VS one.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • anyone having problems just pause it and wait for it to buffer
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    einatshaul wrote:
    "You get transfixed on Mike McCready and his joy, You can not escape Mike McCready's joy, it's infectious"
    You would too, wouldn't you? :D
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110