Options

dreaming in prague

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited January 2009 in The Art Wall
here are just a few images from prague to whet your appetites. :D i have loads to DL and then of course organize, delete, name, etc.

castleships.jpg

graffittigirl.jpg

autumnbridgetower.jpg

kampacityview.jpg

littleboats.jpg

3treesflats.jpg

underkarluvmost.jpg
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    WOW, those are spectacular pics dreamn!!! I am so glad you're back stateside!! Are you Prague sick now? Or were you home sick while there?
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    WOW, those are spectacular pics dreamn!!! I am so glad you're back stateside!! Are you Prague sick now? Or were you home sick while there?

Being Prague sick never goes all the way away
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Holy shit!

Hi Dream!

missed you!

Nice pics!
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Dreamn those are great!!
    So good to hear from you!! :D
    It's been ages it seems
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    it reminds me of fairy tales . . . . beautiful shots
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    neoneo Posts: 89
    wow.

freakin' sweet.
  • Options
    Love the boat pic. I need to go to Prague...
  • Options
    Being Prague sick never goes all the way away

*sighs*
    quite right....i don't think it ever will. i miss it already, i miss it always.....;)
    seriously, i am having a very hard time getting back into my *life*....or restarting...or whatever. i knew i had to leave, but man, i so wanted to stay...such a bizarre feeling.

soon enough i am going to try and get all my pics on the computer. i took waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too many...about a gig worth....:eek: or maybe i didn't take enough? depends on your perspective i guess. :o maybe i shouldn't have studied photography, damn addictive personality. :p anyhoo - i will try and post a few more when i get around to it.

thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. :) i have missed you all.
    damnnit, i want to go back to prague....ahhhhhh, money, the evil of it. :D i just want to *be*.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    You miss Prague, but you DID Prague! :cool: I'm happy for you that you went!
    I miss almost every place I've been, but I guess I can only be in one place at a time, and I'm glad I went! :D You got to spread those Dreamn wings even further!

Those photos are beautiful, D to D! It's so great to see you made it back!

That boat picture IS great, and I really like the one on the river with the stone bridge, too.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    your pictures are amazing as always. i love how you express the look of being in the shadows, but looking out into the light.

*blushes*
    wow.
    thanks....:)

btw - i *feel* that way most of the time too.....:o..so maybe that's why??? :p haha.

nice to see you too. :)
    hope life is treating you well.

hiya bob - yes, the dreamer is back. :) not happy about it really, but here i am in any case.
    pearlwax, YES...you definitely should get yer arse to prague...should've done so in september ;)...but c'est la vie.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    These are beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    *sighs*
    quite right....i don't think it ever will. i miss it already, i miss it always.....;)
    seriously, i am having a very hard time getting back into my *life*....or restarting...or whatever. i knew i had to leave, but man, i so wanted to stay...such a bizarre feeling.

soon enough i am going to try and get all my pics on the computer. i took waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too many...about a gig worth....:eek: or maybe i didn't take enough? depends on your perspective i guess. :o maybe i shouldn't have studied photography, damn addictive personality. :p anyhoo - i will try and post a few more when i get around to it.

thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. :) i have missed you all.
    damnnit, i want to go back to prague....ahhhhhh, money, the evil of it. :D i just want to *be*.

I didn't realized I could be culture-shocked by my own country until I went to the Jersey shore two days after coming home.
  • Options
    nick1977nick1977 Posts: 327
    Wow! Beautiful photos! I would love to go over there some day. I'm so happy you got to go! :) Thanks for sharing some of your pics with us to let us see a glimpse of your experience!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing dreamn.........welcome back, you were missed!

please share some more soon!!!

:)
  • Options
    awww thanks all. :)
    i will - soon!!!

edit - elf - wtf were you thinking, the jersey shore?! :eek: hahaha. i kid, but still...after prague, a very dangerous thing. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    wow...i suddenly have this insatiable urge to go to Prague! it's so beautiful!

thanks for sharing and i can't wait to see the next batch! if i have to do my travelling vicariously through others' photos then i'm glad you studied photography ;)
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    Wife and I were there for our honeymoon in 92. LOVE PRAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Wife and I were there for our honeymoon in 92. LOVE PRAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

damnnnn...you're as old and as long married as i am. ;) sheesh. we went on a cruise to alaska for our honeymoon...june/july 1992.....unbelievably gorgeous. prague would definitely be an amazing honeymoon destination. did you happen to go to cesky krumlov whilst there??? i went on a day trip to the small town to see the castle, and i remember telling my friend who went with me...what an amazing place it would be for a romantic time with your significant other. anyhoo - prague is brilliantly beautiful.....and nope still haven;t gotten to loading the rest of the pics just yet. :o but....soon. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    awww thanks all. :)
    i will - soon!!!

edit - elf - wtf were you thinking, the jersey shore?! :eek: hahaha. i kid, but still...after prague, a very dangerous thing. :p

had to spend some time with the folks after ditching them for ten weeks...but woof, what a nightmare.

On the bright side my standards for women and beer have dropped back to American standards, I guess you can acclimate to anything.
  • Options
    had to spend some time with the folks after ditching them for ten weeks...but woof, what a nightmare.

On the bright side my standards for women and beer have dropped back to American standards, I guess you can acclimate to anything.

:eek:
    now that is just ALL kinds of wrong...and what is it doing here??? :mad: :p;) hahaha.

seriously though - true beer lovers do NOT think prague has the greatest beer at ALL....it just may well be the cheapest. ;) now if that is your only requirement for *great beer*...fine. me i don't drink the stuff - but hubby is damn near a conneisseur.....and while he likes it just fine...it ain't great.

and sure, there are plenty of beautiful women in prague....*ahem*....there are PLENTY right here at home as well. nuff said.

*pretends i did not even read your comments now* :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    :eek:
    now that is just ALL kinds of wrong...and what is it doing here??? :mad: :p;) hahaha.

seriously though - true beer lovers do NOT think prague has the greatest beer at ALL....it just may well be the cheapest. ;) now if that is your only requirement for *great beer*...fine. me i don't drink the stuff - but hubby is damn near a conneisseur.....and while he likes it just fine...it ain't great.

and sure, there are plenty of beautiful women in prague....*ahem*....there are PLENTY right here at home as well. nuff said.

*pretends i did not even read your comments now* :D

Well I am a stout and lager man myself, and the dark beer selection is pretty weak there, but I think Prague has the best light beer in the world. And if you happen to be drinking in fairly large quantities, well, it was a good place to be. So picking up a bud,coors, yadda yadda, the list of garbage beer goes on and on is nothing like the light beer over there. And the women...well there's plenty of good one's here, but here you actually have to look around, over there they just pop out of every open door.
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    wicked pics :) hope u had an awesome time :):):)
  • Options
    Great pictures, thanks for posting.
  • Options
    Welcome back...Lovely pictures, Prague looks a wonderful place :D
    One day the world will be ready for you
    and wonder how they didn't see it...E
  • Options
    Prague is such a wonderful place...thanks for the pictures, it made me remember all the good times i had there.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    Well I am a stout and lager man myself, and the dark beer selection is pretty weak there, but I think Prague has the best light beer in the world. And if you happen to be drinking in fairly large quantities, well, it was a good place to be. So picking up a bud,coors, yadda yadda, the list of garbage beer goes on and on is nothing like the light beer over there. And the women...well there's plenty of good one's here, but here you actually have to look around, over there they just pop out of every open door.

Bud is orginally from the Czech Republic.

If you want real beer go to Belgium:)

Beautiful pictures by the way! (nice to see something from the CR)
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Fantastic shots! I was in Europe for 2 months this summer but sadly missed Prague. Its definitely on my to-do list.
  • Options
    Welcome back...Lovely pictures, Prague looks a wonderful place :D

awww...thanks! :)
    look at all the lovely visitors i have missed. :p good to see your name....nice to be back. can't believe, i will be home a month this sunday. seems like i just got back, and then at the same time....seems a lifetime ago already. :o

i did finally load all my pics on the computer....but man, HEAPS of em! so, i haven't gone through them all....maybe, eventually...i'll post a few more. hahaha. anyhoo...thanks again for all the comments. ALL should vist this beautiful city....it is unreal, unsurpassed...imho.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    yep, antiquing some of my fave art threads....seeing what made the move with the rest of the luggage! :)
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me