Options

computer rearview mirrors

libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
edited January 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone have one at their job? I moved to a new office last year and now my back is facing the doorway. Im sick of people scaring the shit out of me..lol. Im sure if i get a mirror my boss will think it's for goofing off which really it isn't :D
These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'd hate that. Can't you turn your desk around so your back is towards the wall? :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    I'd hate that... The first thing I did when I got this job was to turn everything around so that I could see someone coming, and that you couldn't see my monitor screen when you are in my doorway.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Yeah I wish i could rearrange my area. Unfortunately, Im in a cubicle that I share w/another person which is another annoyance..lol.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    I have a small one on my monitor. My office is on raised flooring and squeaks, so I generally hear someone coming. I just got tired of turning around to see who it was.
  • Options
    Travelar wrote:
    I have a small one on my monitor. My office is on raised flooring and squeaks, so I generally hear someone coming. I just got tired of turning around to see who it was.

yeah I guess i have to buy everyone some tic tacs...lol
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    Anyone have one at their job? I moved to a new office last year and now my back is facing the doorway. Im sick of people scaring the shit out of me..lol. Im sure if i get a mirror my boss will think it's for goofing off which really it isn't :D

i have a small mirror strategically hanging on my cubewall that acts like a rear view mirror. ALL the cubes in our office are setup so your back faces out. thankfully, i am along a window wall, so very few people walk past me, only 2 more cubes past mine....then the corner/another window wall. however, it always freaks me out when people come up behind me to bring me work, and that happens ALL the time...thus, the mirror. still, people manage to surprise me even with it b/c i am not looking at it all the time. i think a mirror ON my monitor would be way more 'obvious'.....

this is lso why we need a STEALTHY SKIN here!!!
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    edited January 2009
    I'm also facing the wall and can't change it. People can look at my screen when they are my back.
    I have become an ALT+TAB master and my ears are really good so I know when someone is coming around !!!
    Post edited by IGotShit76 on
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:

i have a small mirror strategically hanging on my cubewall that acts like a rear view mirror. ALL the cubes in our office are setup so your back faces out. thankfully, i am along a window wall, so very few people walk past me, only 2 more cubes past mine....then the corner/another window wall. however, it always freaks me out when people come up behind me to bring me work, and that happens ALL the time...thus, the mirror. still, people manage to surprise me even with it b/c i am not looking at it all the time. i think a mirror ON my monitor would be way more 'obvious'.....

lol...

I was thinking of sticking it on my wall..Im sure if i stick it on my computer my boss will have something to say about it. I could always say it's to check for food in my teeth. :D
  • Options
    I'm also facing the wall and can't change it. People can look at my screen when they are my back.
    I have become an ALT+TAB master and my ears are really good so I know when someone is coming around !!!

yeah i have minimized in a hurry which Im sure looks suspicious..
  • Options
    There are privacy filters that can snap onto your monitor that black out all views except when you're directly in front of it. Unfortunately they're not cheap.
  • Options
    There are privacy filters that can snap onto your monitor that black out all views except when you're directly in front of it. Unfortunately they're not cheap.

Yeah i heard of those..I think some people in the accounting dept. has them. I guess I can't justify having one though.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    man, I'm losin it...I thought you said 'this is why we havea stealthy skin here....so I spent like 10 minutes looking for the chameleon-button.
    You're right...we NEED one.