Options

my mp3's wont load on itunes?

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
edited July 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
anyone ever have this problem? i downloaded and mp3 from limewire and for some reason it will not load onto my itunes no matter what i do. it plays fine on my realplayer... what is the problem?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anyone ever have this problem? i downloaded and mp3 from limewire and for some reason it will not load onto my itunes no matter what i do. it plays fine on my realplayer... what is the problem?
    Maybe it's corrupt. Like our government.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    Brink wrote:
    Maybe it's corrupt. Like our government.

it plays fine on realplayer though. it just wont play on itunes.
  • Options
    boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263

Maybe it's time to trade in the Commodore 64?
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    What format is it in? That will make a difference to whether it plays in iTunes
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    What format is it in? That will make a difference to whether it plays in iTunes

it's an mp3. ive had this glitch before. sometimes ill download videos and for some reason they wont play past a minute. if i burn them to a cd, they'll play fine on our pc. ditto for songs. it plays fine in my realplayer, but itunes simply wont add it to my library for some reason. ive tried everything i can think of. i've even downloaded multiple copies of it... what gives?
  • Options
    My iTunes songs are in MPEG4 format, not MP3, if that's any help :)

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    it's an mp3. ive had this glitch before. sometimes ill download videos and for some reason they wont play past a minute. if i burn them to a cd, they'll play fine on our pc. ditto for songs. it plays fine in my realplayer, but itunes simply wont add it to my library for some reason. ive tried everything i can think of. i've even downloaded multiple copies of it... what gives?

I had a few problems. One, I would download the songs in mp3 format and couldn't find them in my itunes library. I found out thats because even though I saved the file as say HUT.MP3 it would save it under a different band name than what I was looking for. But I downloaded the songs twice, and the 2nd time I searched for the songs and realized they were there, just with a different band name for some reason.

The second problem I had I believe had to do with the bit rate being too low. So then I converted the songs to a higher bitrate and they would play in itunes.
  • Options
    jtorresjtorres Posts: 15
    Usually that happens when there's a format issue. Do this:

Create an AUDIO CD from the file (an audio CD will play on ANY CD player by default). I'm not familiar with RealPlayer (I don't use it) but it should allow you to burn an audio CD. Once you create the CD, import it into iTunes. You'll have to enter all the info manually (track name, band, genre, etc.) Hope this helps.

Jose
  • Options
    jtorres wrote:
    Usually that happens when there's a format issue. Do this:

Create an AUDIO CD from the file (an audio CD will play on ANY CD player by default). I'm not familiar with RealPlayer (I don't use it) but it should allow you to burn an audio CD. Once you create the CD, import it into iTunes. You'll have to enter all the info manually (track name, band, genre, etc.) Hope this helps.

Jose

You shouldn't have to type in the info manually. Provided you are connected to the internet the database will search and input the track names etc for you :)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    hairpantshairpants Posts: 38
    Create the band directory in itunes and then create a subdirectory of the album name. Move the MP3's over into the newly created directory and play (double click) each one and close them and keep going through all that you moved over. As long as itunes is your player by default they will automatically convert to MPEG4 and integrate into itunes.
    fuck the public
  • Options
    hairpants wrote:
    Create the band directory in itunes and then create a subdirectory of the album name. Move the MP3's over into the newly created directory and play (double click) each one and close them and keep going through all that you moved over. As long as itunes is your player by default they will automatically convert to MPEG4 and integrate into itunes.

yeah, i tried that too. i think it's a glitch in limewire. that thing runs like shit on a mac: the whole system shuts down, you cant do anything but download, and sometimes even that will be so bad that it will freeze the computer. anyway, it was only one track... a complete recording of ron white's "drunk in public." ;) i ended up forgetting it. i was just trying to consolidate all my standup comedy performances on one mp3 disc becos i bought a new computer and my old apple is being retired now :) ill just download it on my pc.