Options

What is wrong with this board?

AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
edited October 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
This board is always crashing. What the heck is wrong with it?
I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Ahnimus wrote:
    This board is always crashing. What the heck is wrong with it?

Yeah, I hear that! I just got kicked out for a while....what's up with that? :-(
  • Options
    So you moved my thread, but I guess you don't have an answer?

Want me to fix it?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Ahnimus wrote:
    So you moved my thread, but I guess you don't have an answer?

Want me to fix it?

No, I don't have an answer...all I know is that I was replying to a post & when I clicked on "new posts" after that, I got that reply saying tech. difficulities or whatever...I'm not that computer saavy....so...I don't know what the heck happened???
  • Options
    seagoat2 wrote:
    No, I don't have an answer...all I know is that I was replying to a post & when I clicked on "new posts" after that, I got that reply saying tech. difficulities or whatever...I'm not that computer saavy....so...I don't know what the heck happened???

I've been getting that a lot. Also sometimes when people quote someone on this board it puts someone elses name in place. I freaked at someone because I thought it was deliberate and I was banned. It must be an SQL problem or a caching problem.
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Same time everyday? it's around 12:20 gmt over here, crashes out...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    UKDave wrote:
    I couldn't log on...I had to reset my password..ugh!!
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Thank you!!
    I posted a thread a week ago saying that every day, like clockwork, it goes down for 5-10 min at 2:05 Pacific Standard Time and it was deleted.
    I am tired of it interrupting my board time with work!!

But really, WHY?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Lizard wrote:
    Thank you!!
    I posted a thread a week ago saying that every day, like clockwork, it goes down for 5-10 min at 2:05 Pacific Standard Time and it was deleted.
    I am tired of it interrupting my board time with work!!

But really, WHY?
    Did it again! WTF?!?
  • Options
    Ha ha, this cracks me up. I sense a certain level of periodic addiction to the board myself. So yeah, it can be a trip when it is unavailable. Those early mornings drinking coffee, waiting to go to whereever it is I have to go that particular day and eating up 45 minutes or so here. Then, late at night buring the oil with the Message Pit.

HOWEVER... Let's be cvil and reasonable about it. I sense a level of anomosity. I think there is a no whining rule here too. There should be if not. MOST OF THE TIME the board is A-okay, and everyone knows they've been been making changes. Growing pains that we should accept and understand. Time heals all wounds and stuff like that.
    -Jeremy
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    UKDave wrote:

yea its about 4pm central time USA. SQL might run a consistency check. but that can be set to run overnight. not sure why it goes down almost at the same time everyday. it seems like a scheduled outage. but at a weird time to have one.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    jlew24asu wrote:
    yea its about 4pm central time USA. SQL might run a consistency check. but that can be set to run overnight. not sure why it goes down almost at the same time everyday. it seems like a scheduled outage. but at a weird time to have one.

Its big brother. They're watching. Gotta run the IP's sometime! :p
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Get ready!!! :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    Lizard wrote:
    Get ready!!! :p

around 4pm central every day. seems like a planned outage. I wonder why it cant be run overnight. o well.