how do you wipe your hard drive?

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
edited July 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
i bought this thing a week ago and i already fucked up windows media player so it wont work with my mp3 player. how can i just wipe this thing and start over? i tried reinstalling windows but it didnt affect anything. it wont let me delete windows media or start over.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    fdisk.exe, format.com

You better have a backup of all your stuff first!!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i use a hanky.
  • Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
    There's also a Restore option, if you have Windows XP, where you can restore your PC to a certain date in the past. Shame we can't do that with our brains, heh.
    Feels Good Inc.
  • BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    hehehehehehe hard
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I use terricloth.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    baby wipes
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • corduroy41corduroy41 Posts: 94
    i bought this thing a week ago and i already fucked up windows media player so it wont work with my mp3 player. how can i just wipe this thing and start over? i tried reinstalling windows but it didnt affect anything. it wont let me delete windows media or start over.

No need to dump Windows to fix this.. well depending on what you mean.

What exactly do you mean, "fucked up windows media player so it wont work with my mp3 player."?

More info is needed. Does the mp3 player not respond? Does WMP not detect it? Does Windows not detect it? Can you not just copy the songs you want and load them directly to the mp3 player through My Computer? Better yet, what is the make and model of the mp3 player you have?

Many possibilities here.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    m0jorisen wrote:
    baby wipes

zoinks. what was i thinking?