Options

Itunes library transfer

stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
edited November 2008 in Technical Stuff and Help
Does anyone know if it is possible to move an itunes library from one pc to the other? Or if it is possible to move everything from your ipod onto a new, empty itunes library you have on a pc?

Thanks for any help.
People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    there is a way, you basicly use the ipod as a disk drive, google ipod transfer there are programs you can buy but i did it another way, your ipod files are read only, you need to change this, i can't remember how else but google and it can be done. sorry i'm not much help.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    It is possible to back up your library onto dvd-r discs and then transfer them to another pc. I did this once and you can fit about 1000 songs onto each dvd-r. Hope this helps.

Just put the dvd-r in and follow the instructions, I was concerned at first it wouldn't work, but it is quite easy.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    stu gee wrote:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to move an itunes library from one pc to the other? Or if it is possible to move everything from your ipod onto a new, empty itunes library you have on a pc?

Thanks for any help.

i had this problem some time back.. i bought a 80gb external hard drive off ebay for £20 and i still use it as my back up for music/pictures :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Thanks very much for everyone's help, thats great. All my music is still on my parents computer back home but i have moved twice, and have only this week managed to get a pc into my own abode so will need to get this sorted. Thanks again.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147