Options

mp3 to wav convertor

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited July 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
does anyone know a good free program? i don't download mp3's much but i tried to convert some and am having a hard time finding an actual free one...found some that only convert 60% of the file, another i downloaded worked once but came w/ an ad program that showed ads whenever you used it which my firewall blocked and now it won't work anymore
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    corduroy41corduroy41 Posts: 94
    El_Kabong wrote:
    does anyone know a good free program? i don't download mp3's much but i tried to convert some and am having a hard time finding an actual free one...found some that only convert 60% of the file, another i downloaded worked once but came w/ an ad program that showed ads whenever you used it which my firewall blocked and now it won't work anymore

Try CDex. Download is here.
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    MP3 to WAV?

Why on Earth would you want to do that? It's going to sound like shit.
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    MP3 to WAV?

Why on Earth would you want to do that? It's going to sound like shit.

b/c i had the import version of the strokes 1st album, w/ new york city cops...that ended up 'missing' so i bought it again but bought the US version which had Take It Or Leave It instead...I found a 320bitrate mp3 of ny city cops and was thinking of burning the cd w/ both songs

thanks corduroy41
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    corduroy41corduroy41 Posts: 94
    El_Kabong wrote:
    b/c i had the import version of the strokes 1st album, w/ new york city cops...that ended up 'missing' so i bought it again but bought the US version which had Take It Or Leave It instead...I found a 320bitrate mp3 of ny city cops and was thinking of burning the cd w/ both songs

thanks corduroy41

No problem. Anytime :)

But you could've just ripped the cd, added the extra songs into your compilation, then re-burn them as an audio cd. If you're using a program such as Nero, or Roxio Media Creator, the conversion will be done on the fly as you burn. No need to make them wav's first.
  • Options
    corduroy41 wrote:
    No problem. Anytime :)

But you could've just ripped the cd, added the extra songs into your compilation, then re-burn them as an audio cd. If you're using a program such as Nero, or Roxio Media Creator, the conversion will be done on the fly as you burn. No need to make them wav's first.

well, i copied the cd as wav, the other song i converted, i just use cdrwin, the cuesheet function is soooo handy
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    El_Kabong wrote:

yeah I know a pretty sweet one do you still need?