Options

Links to other sites

paddypaddy Posts: 104
edited February 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
Could anyone with superior comp. knowledge(everyone else on this site!) please tell how to set up links to other sites if I see something that I want too share with you all.

If you could use basic instructions as I'm knew to all this technological lingo.

Many thanks,
Paddy.
Hello, is there anybody in there?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    I don't know shit about computers but if you type the complete address of the sight it should just come up as a link in your post.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    right click.....
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Okay, practice this.

See your address bar at the top of your browser? Bring your mouse up to it, click to the right of the last character in that address and drag your mouse leftwards to highlight the whole address. (You could alternatively go from left to right, from before the first character in the address, if you like.) Then right click on the highlighted area and a menu will appear. Select the option "Copy". Okay, now, return to your reply to thread box you're typing your post in. Right click in the box and when your menu comes up again, select "Paste". Voila. You've copied and pasted an URL. The vBulletin software will do the rest and turn that URL into an active link.
  • Options
    paddypaddy Posts: 104
    brain of c wrote:
    right click.....
    http://forums.pearljam.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

AAAAHHHHHH,it's that simple.thanx my amigo.
    Hello, is there anybody in there?