Options

The ...I HATE OPENING CDs thread

BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
edited February 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
what is the freakin deal already ...can THEY please lighten up with those sealed stickers that take like an hour to get them ...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WTF ....i baught two cds today ...frank zappa imoprt from japan,an a three disc billie holidao collection....i am just going on my third cd ....this sealed ,so u cant open the cd shit is killin me
Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

Comments

• Options
    timmmytimmmy Posts: 60
    i am with you.
    unless done with the proper care, those stickers leave residue that essentially runis the case imho.
    i know they are "protecting" me from "inferior" merchandise, but i am a big boy and can protect myself.
    here's to putting those stickers on the plastic wrapping!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I totally agree. It's terrible. Dvd's too. I wish they didn't have to do it or at least could find a way to make it a bit easier. Pain in the a**!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    moloko21moloko21 Posts: 114
    I couldn't help but notice that this thread wasn't official.
    "no, i can't give you full credit, but i'm not gonna flunk you either. you're all getting incompletes."
  • Options
    moloko21 wrote:

ZING!

:eek:
    Thanks harrison. Maybe you should take your beatbox down the street and eat some acid you silly pervert.

Moloko21- You have been banned for the following reason:
    refusing to followthe posting guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the bbs

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-22-2006
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    I hate that sticky crap on cd cases after peeling stickers off.
  • Options
    moloko21moloko21 Posts: 114
    secret formula: use acetone aka nail polish remover - it works!
    "no, i can't give you full credit, but i'm not gonna flunk you either. you're all getting incompletes."
  • Options
    JPS79JPS79 Posts: 148
    moloko21 wrote:
    secret formula: use acetone aka nail polish remover - it works!

Yeah, I have to peel every last little bit of that sticker off & even find my self doing it to my friends cd's as well. It just bugs the shit out of me to see half the sticker just hangin on there. But the acetone works great but then you have to let it air out for a while cause the smell is so pungent.
    Seems the more you make
    equals the loneliness you get
  • Options
    BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    wolfbear wrote:
    I totally agree. It's terrible. Dvd's too. I wish they didn't have to do it or at least could find a way to make it a bit easier. Pain in the a**!
    damn ..the dvd s are even worse....all 4 sides are locked down....
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

moloko21 wrote:

yeah ...i didnt want to make it official :)

If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Secret to opening the CD Jewel Cases: pop the bottom hinge on the CD case and use the case to peel off the tape. This works on most CD's but not all. You will have a much better time of opening them. With DVD's, I just use a knife to split the tape and then pull it off that way. It's a lot easier than trying to peel it all off at once.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    Ugh..there's no knife in the car!!!:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    Secret to opening the CD Jewel Cases: pop the bottom hinge on the CD case and use the case to peel off the tape. This works on most CD's but not all. You will have a much better time of opening them. With DVD's, I just use a knife to split the tape and then pull it off that way. It's a lot easier than trying to peel it all off at once.
    yeah, i was just gonna say this. something my late friend taught me. used to drive me fucking crazy. just pop the front door off from the bottom and it makes it alot easier. fucking dvds are the worst. we should hope fort knox is sealed so good
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    One of my biggest pet peeves!!!!!

:)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    BUFFALO wrote:
    what is the freakin deal already ...can THEY please lighten up with those sealed stickers that take like an hour to get them ...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WTF ....i baught two cds today ...frank zappa imoprt from japan,an a three disc billie holidao collection....i am just going on my third cd ....this sealed ,so u cant open the cd shit is killin me
    yea man i know, im halfway home by time i open the damn cd
  • Options
    BUFFALO wrote:

Don't worry too much about it Cd's are the next casset tape or 8 track...they will be collecting dust in music stores before you know it.
  • Options
    BUFFALO wrote:

most places that sell cd's also sell thos 99 cent gizmos to open them. i have several- one in the car, a few at home, one at work. they make it a breeze, no prob.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    Ya ever notice how something like a fragile light bulb comes packed in a piece of soft card board, but a CD is ultra sealed?
    WTF
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248

BINGO!

I don't think it could get any easier.

A guy at a local record shop here in Springfield IL showed me that.
    Works like magic.

Got to give props to Recycled Records only the best indie record shop in the midwest
  • Options
    Rival-67Rival-67 Posts: 27
    Ya ever notice how something like a fragile light bulb comes packed in a piece of soft card board, but a CD is ultra sealed?
    WTF

Hear Hear!!!
    What are you running from?
    Taking pills to get along
    Creating walls to call your own
    So no one catches you?
    Drifting off and doing all the things...
    That we... all... do
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    just burn it