Options

Ipod question

NothinGBetteRPJMaNNothinGBetteRPJMaN Posts: 530
edited January 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
I have an Ipod video and was wondering if there was anyway I can get music from both of my computers on it. When I go to my 2nd computer it asks if I want to delete the songs on my Ipod and upload the songs on this computer. I have more than enough space for the songs. Anyone have advice?
If I cant get the songs from my 2nd computer on my Ipod than is there anyway that I can get those songs on my first computer other than burning them to disc and then uploading them because that would take like an hour for every 80 minutes of songs(total of like 8 hours or so).

Also I think my battery is running out faster than it should for being brand new. It never has ran out because I dont use it enough and it is being charged when its in my computer and in my car, but I think it runs down quicker than its supposed too. Im gonna take a wild guess here and say one quarter of the battery is gone after 1 1/2 hours of play time.

Anyone have tips on how to get the most out of my battery?
Maybe letting the battery day a few times like I was told to do with my cell phone or not always charge it.

I am sorry for my ramblings and I probably didnt make any sense but if anyone has any idea what I said, your help would be much appreciated!
*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
he grew a beard.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I have an Ipod video and was wondering if there was anyway I can get music from both of my computers on it. When I go to my 2nd computer it asks if I want to delete the songs on my Ipod and upload the songs on this computer. I have more than enough space for the songs. Anyone have advice?
    If I cant get the songs from my 2nd computer on my Ipod than is there anyway that I can get those songs on my first computer other than burning them to disc and then uploading them because that would take like an hour for every 80 minutes of songs(total of like 8 hours or so).

Also I think my battery is running out faster than it should for being brand new. It never has ran out because I dont use it enough and it is being charged when its in my computer and in my car, but I think it runs down quicker than its supposed too. Im gonna take a wild guess here and say one quarter of the battery is gone after 1 1/2 hours of play time.

Maybe letting the battery day a few times like I was told to do with my cell phone or not always charge it.

I am sorry for my ramblings and I probably didnt make any sense but if anyone has any idea what I said, your help would be much appreciated!

Battery -- Turn off your equalizer, bass, and backlighting when not needed. The backlight is a huge drain on the battery. If you have a wall plug, use that when possible, so you're not always using the battery.

Try going to the apple website (http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/) and downloading the latest software. That might help.

Songs -- This is actually a little harder, since I can't see your computer, but i'll throw a few ideas out. Do you have a home network? Find the location of where the songs actually are saved in the directory and you can transfer them to your primary computer. It might actually help you in the long-term if you save your songs all on one computer, rather than two. Plus, if you have multiple songs (say two version of Betterman off Vs., it's easier to upload one)

If that's not an option, i'd click "no", then upload the songs from the 2nd computer, the same way as the first.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

If I'm reading this right you want to combine music from Itunes on multiple pc's to your ipod correct? If so, just disable the automatically update songs to the ipod function. It should be available after connecting the ipod. Once that is done you should just be able to drag and drop onto your ipod.
    NERDS!