Options

online store help

aaronckaaronck Posts: 8
edited December 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
I'm trying to get a tenclub membership and I can't go beyond enterign my credit card number..I get the message incomplete field, even thoguh I fill them all in and allow all cookies...I can't seem to find a help link in the store at all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    greygrey Posts: 4
    > I'm trying to get a tenclub membership and I can't go beyond enterign my
    > credit card number..I get the message incomplete field, even thoguh I fill
    > them all in and allow all cookies...I can't seem to find a help link in the
    > store at all.

Ten Club recently switched out the back-end order-processing system. For the most part public users (us) don't see any difference. But there are some subtle changes.

One of the changes is that the new credit card processor is more strict about the billing addresses submitted to it. This new system requires that, if you're in Canada or the US, you have a valid state or province chosen for the address you're using as "Billing Address". Many people, for one reason or another, have addresses in their profile that don't have valid state or provinces chosen.

So...

Double-check the Billing Address you're using and ensure that you've actually chosen a *real* US or Canada billing address. Edit the address if necessary to ensure this. Once that's done, try to place the order again.

The error-message could be more helpful. It doesn't say which field is missing leaving you to figure it out. Hopefully they'll improve the error reporting in the next few days.

- grey
  • Options
    apollyonapollyon Posts: 3
    Your order was refused due to the following reason:
    The request is missing one or more required fields.

Please enter your credit card information below.

The only boxes below are: one for Credit Card Number and two for Expiration Date.
    So far I've talked to two other Canadian friends with memberships who cannot renew because of this error and I myself have had it.

After reading the above message I added a new address. Once done I noted that it was identical to the one I had been using but proceeded through checkout. The error STILL appeared and I STILL CANNOT renew.

Must be a different problem... a friend suggested the lack of a Card Type dialogue box, but if American customers are renewing without one then perhaps that is not the problem.

Please let us all know if it gets fixed.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I think your info helped.

It's looking like this was a bug in the way international orders were handled.

Apparently the new credit-card processor wants a state for domestic (US) orders and does things a little different for internatoinal orders. Good so far.

But the rub is that the credit-card processor considers Canada to be a "domestic" address, not an international address. Meaning the system needs to treat Canadian orders like domestic addresses, and it wasn't, it was treating them like international addresses.

They should have a fix up pretty soon.

- grey
  • Options
    Excellent... its all within my grasp...
  • Options
    Bug fix is in place. I was just able to place a membership renewal order with an Address in Vancouver, B.C Canada.

Did that fix your problem?

- grey
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    grey....are you a sys admin for 10c?
  • Options
    I can neither confirm nor deny that. :-)
  • Options
    2+2=4 ;)
  • Options
    Your Order was processed

All smiles here!
  • Options
    aaronckaaronck Posts: 8
    Yup, I'm in as well. Now all I need is Pearl Jam in Calgary!
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    this didn't affect me, but way to fix that bug!

all systems go!

forward march!
  • Options
    hey....when i enter my email, password, first name and last name...it says "the profile name you selected is already in use." What does this mean?
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    long red wrote:
    hey....when i enter my email, password, first name and last name...it says "the profile name you selected is already in use." What does this mean?

Did you sign up for the free Rats Download a few weeks back? If so, use that email and password to get your bootlegs.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i didn't wanna make a new thread so i thought i'd ask here... does any one know how to get ahold of some sort of size chart for the online goods?
    and how does the currency work...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    i didn't wanna make a new thread so i thought i'd ask here... does any one know how to get ahold of some sort of size chart for the online goods?
    and how does the currency work...
    E-mail all of your questions to: info@tenclub.net

:)
  • Options
    Hi everyone.
    Does anyone know if they accept american express at the online store.

Cheers
    Mike
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch