Options

Is this a good hardrive to get?

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
edited March 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
seeing my hardrive died, wandered if this one was any good ?

or recomend me any other 160gb ones.

http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10268213&pid=44&rstrat=0
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    I saw your other post about your hard drive and I'm sorry that happened to you. I know how frustrating that is. I had that happen to me last year twice within two months. My original was a Seagate 120 GB serial drive. It died after a little more than a year of usage. I have a ton of great concerts on it and family photos. Right now it is packed up in a box under my bed because I intend on installing it under my case as a slave at some point but I don't know how to do that.

The second hard drive I bought was the same as the first only it was made by Maxtor. It died within two months. It totally burned up. It was covered under warrenty and Maxtor replaced it right away. I couldn't wait for the replacement in the mail so I bought another Seagate-this time 160 GB serial drive. (Knock on wood) everything has been fine. I back up my files all of the time now. I think that my misfortune was just a coincidence but I won't buy another Maxtor.

I've read that Seagate and Maxtor are supposed to be amongst the best out there. I was told to stay away from Western Digital. I'm not real computer savy so all I can do is pass along this story and wish you luck. If someone is able to direct you on how to install your "bad" drive as a slave to pull off you music please let me know. I need to do the same with my original drive. Good luck to you. :)
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    lol

It's all personal preference when it comes to HDD's.

Me, I prefer western digital, and I think that maxtor's are the bottom of the barrel, but that's my opinion. I've never had a problem with WD's, plus most HDD's have a 3 year guarantee on them (which is good, so you just return it to them, they send you a new one)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    lol fuck maxtor, i realised they are terrible, noisy and shit.

fuck maxtor
  • Options
    maxtor are shit, and i only recommend seagate, but now they have merged to create are really good shitty company, or a shitty good company.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Ive got a Western Digital external drive and haven't had any problems.
    Brian
  • Options
    Adding in: Fuck maxtor in their heinous ass.