Options

Bit Tornado ?'s

chaechae Posts: 7
edited December 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
My pc fried its hard drive the other night, so I am stuck reloading many programs and I downloaded Bit Tornado, but the files are PYD form and my pc does not seem to recognize these. I believe this is the reason as to why my pc will not boot up tornado as my downloading program. I am stuck using Bit torrent.

And I am having the same troubles with Azureus... My pc does not want to run that one either. The only one that will work is Bit torrent. Any suggestions to maybe get these others working. I never tried Azureus, but willing to try anything. I am starting out completely fresh with the pc and I am not sure if I am missing something to get these kickstarted. Tornado use to run on my fried hard drive and I am using the same windows xp... and its frustrating the hell out of me as to why I can't get these to run. So any help would be so much greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Try using µTorrent. It is easily my favourite bittorrent client. All the functionality of Azereus, 1/10th the memory usage. Also, I suggest that after you download it, go to your control menu and remove all other bit torrent clients to keep from other conflicts. Make sure it is your default program to open .torrent files, as well.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestion. I am trying it now. Opened up like a charm.

any suggestions for a beginner to tweak this to get optimum speed on the download?

GUI? explanation please.

Again, thank you for your help.
  • Options
    Not a problem. Personally, the only tweaks I have made was to disable DHT, in the Options->preferences->Torrent Options (the series of clicks you take to get there) screen, and change the directory it downloaded to (just a personal preference)

That is really the best I can suggest. I am not sure how much you seed, or download, but you can tweak lots of options that I generally find superfluous. If I need to seed more, I just leave it open longer.
  • Options
    Echoes, thank you very much for your help. I am so glad to be downloading again. :)
  • Options
    When you d/led bittornado, I bet you d/l'ed the source code instead of the windows GUI client.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    the best is bitlord!! or azerues
  • Options
    Bitlord is just a ripoff from bitcomet use that instead its much better.

I personally don't like azuerus its slows down my computer so much it's immposible to do anything else on it.
    ~=Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity. =~
  • Options
    utorrents does everything Bitcomet does, and uses less memory. Also, it provides ar e far more accuratedepiction of how fast you are downloading, too.