Options

board weirdness

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited November 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
is it just me?
it seems lately i may post in a thread....it accepts it....but it's like it doesn't *register*...i don't see it unless i leave and return to the forum i posted in...sometimes i have to do so more than once before it appears. quite bizarre.

also, just now....on the bbs homepage, i saw the most recent thread that was posted on in the AET...opened the AET...but the thread was not there. :confused: i had to go back to the homepage...and click on the link there to view. weirdness. :o
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yeah, I've noticed lots of little weird things like that....never really stopped to take consious notice of it, but yep....it has been happening to me too.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    The weirdest thing to happen to me was last week but it wasn't the board's fault, as far as I know! I was writing a reply on a thread, changed my mind, hit back on my browser to get out of Replysville and thought I'd go and send a PM to a particular person instead. So I went through my User CP options to my private messaging facility, typed my PM, pressed send ... and voila, it was sent .... right in the middle of the thread to which I'd originally started to reply.

I blamed tab bollocksups on the test release version of Firefox 1.5 I was using last week. (Btw, the alpha's working nicely this week.) And I sent Kat a test PM to make sure all was working well. I take it it was, my PM didn't end up in any thread. Or did it?

;)
  • Options
    hahahaha.
    i love your responses fins...you actually make me feel like i am brief sometimes. ;)

no one has had the same issues as i have? it really is just bizarre. eh well.
    at least i am not the only one with *issues*...makes you feel a little less insane, as long as someone else is too. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    ok...the weirdness still continues....grrrrrrr. why? i just posted, it took it...yet it's not there? i feel like i am in some bizarre cyberspace twilight zone. :rolleyes:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    is it just me?
    it seems lately i may post in a thread....it accepts it....but it's like it doesn't *register*...i don't see it unless i leave and return to the forum i posted in...sometimes i have to do so more than once before it appears. quite bizarre.

also, just now....on the bbs homepage, i saw the most recent thread that was posted on in the AET...opened the AET...but the thread was not there. :confused: i had to go back to the homepage...and click on the link there to view. weirdness. :o
    the same thing happened to me
  • Options
    gluten919 wrote:
    the same thing happened to me

*hugs gluten*
    :D

hahaha...as i said, i dont mind feeling insane...as long as i have company. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I really wish y'all would share your drugs with ol' aNiMaL! I am not experiencing ANY of these issues....
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I really wish y'all would share your drugs with ol' aNiMaL! I am not experiencing ANY of these issues....

hahahahahahaha!!!
    you really made me LOL with that one. oh how i WISH it were that, way more fun. :p i actually got a PM from sea....a first.....*feels special*....hehehe. asking about what browser i use...so who knows. it doesn't happen all the time....but it does still happen...and it's freaky. dunno. i use MSN Explorer...and i have verizon fios....so who knows?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    ugh....i STILL have all these issues. :mad: apparently i am alone in my bizarre, alternate board universe. deleted cookies...but no way to manually delete them in msn explorer...so i don't know. still experiencing the same board weirdness.....have to sign in twice...sometimes posts don't register for a while....see someone posted, but the post isn't *there* for a bit.....weird.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    sometimes when bandwidth is running low there will be a dalay. wait a few seconds, then hit refresh

also, just in case you are not aware, if you make a post/thread then hit 'back', it will not appear. You would have to refresh if hitting back, as it is not RT.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    the weirdest thing is everyone here likes pearl jam...i don't know how they all got into our nickelback fan club...it's sooooo weird!
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    sometimes when bandwidth is running low there will be a dalay. wait a few seconds, then hit refresh

also, just in case you are not aware, if you make a post/thread then hit 'back', it will not appear. You would have to refresh if hitting back, as it is not RT.

this i know, but maybe it is the bandwidth thingie.....just a delay. either way, a bit bizarro. hasn't happened in awhile, but it just happened, twice, this evening. eh well.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...