Question about Burning a VCD

OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
edited June 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
Ok, so if I have a VCD and I put it into my computer I can play it. So, if I want to make a copy, do I just drag the whole folder onto the desktop, put in a blank CD-R, and put the folder onto the CD and burn it? Or do I have to open the movie in a program and burn it officially?

Any help appreciated!!! :)
DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I want to know this as well....
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • robbierobbie Posts: 880
    if you are using nero express, just open nero, click on "video", in a seperate window open the file you want to burn, then drag the video part of the file (sometimes there are cover art files, text info, ect. you just need the mpg. file) into the nero window. it will analyze it, then add it to the window, after this happens, choose the speed you wish to burn at, then burn the disc. i usually go for 4x speed cause it will play on more players.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    bump... I don't have nero, thanks anyway though robbie :)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Insert VCD

From there go to my computer,.. which will then display your cdrom drive which should display the name of the VCD

Right click on the icon and there should be the file

Again right click on the file and will ask you what to do.

You would wanna select Copy

You then can paste it on your Hard Drive where ever you want

When this is done you want to right click on the pasted file and select properties,.. and deselect "Read Only"

Now depending what you have as a burning program such as Nero depends on what you can burn

If you only have music burning programs then your SOL

try http://www.download.com for some video burning programs
    I don't know where I'm going,
    I don't know what I need,
    But I'll get to where I'm gonna end up,
    And that's alright by me.
    I've been running from side to side
    Now I know for sure, that both sides lied
    It's got so hard, but we gotta keep trying
    I can't stand to see my people crying