Options

The Search Button Sucks -- That's why noone uses it!

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited June 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
Sheesh.
I just wanted to find ANY thread about PRESENT TENSE ... i know i've seen atleast 3 in recent memory that specificaly have "PRESENT TENSE" in the thread title ... none to be found on the porch according to the search though.

damnit.

I JUST NEED TO SAY:

PRESENT TENSE -- CHARLOTTE 2000 ...

IS THERE A BETTER VERSION OF THIS SONG?

yeah i don't think so.
omfg, it's orgasmic.
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    yea the search hasnt always worked for me either

and yea that is a great version of present tense:)
  • Options
    gwyngwyn Posts: 5
    great song

search sucks.
    Please play "Falling Down" this tour...

present tense inhabiter #0006
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    really?.. the search button sucks??? i should try it...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    WhiteMaleRatWhiteMaleRat Posts: 301
    try this

http://forums.pearljam.com/search.php?searchid=176047

you have to know how to use it.......
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    it does suck.

that is why you should use the "advanced search" button.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    it just worked to find my 10C calendar post from april 1st, but yeah sometimes it comes up a bit sketchy, but hey so does google's image search
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    it does suck.

that is why you should use the "advanced search" button.

yeah..they just make you think it's an "advanced search" button, but it gives you the same results...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    it's a keyboard interface problem...I just did a search of the Porch for present tense and got 92 threads.

hint, use advance search, no date, and the porch forum, I never have a problem with search, though they do clean up the database here every once in a while so threads do get deleted.

give it a try, don't be afraid to learn something new
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,612
    IMO the most annoying thing about this board isnt people who dont use the search button. Its the people who like to kiss the Mods ass and constantly tell people to use the search button. Who cares if we have some similar threads, its not something we have to freak out about, and telling them to use the search button only bumps the duplicate post.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    IMO the most annoying thing about this board isnt people who dont use the search button. Its the people who like to kiss the Mods ass and constantly tell people to use the search button. Who cares if we have some similar threads, its not something we have to freak out about, and telling them to use the search button only bumps the duplicate post.

That's right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just think about posting about the button, but don't. Use some self-control :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:

The best is waiting in anticipation for someone to yell at a poster about using the search function!
    Can I get a spacious little hole in the ground? Somewhere nice?
  • Options
    MoskeetoMoskeeto Posts: 14
    hmmm, all this time i didn't think people even knew about the search button.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    There once was a thread dedicated to this amazin song, we even got our numbers (see my sig)... And it kinda became a chatroom, that's why they closed it. We appreciated the song, but we also talked about the stuff that was going on in the present tense (what happened that day,...stuff like that), so it was a chat room, afterall. But we really loved and we still do the PResent Tense, that's why we got this "new" thread on AET forum, which we kinda left out (prolly because of the Canadian tour or whatever, but hey, that's no exuse ;) This trully is an AMAZING song, and there's no reason we should's talk about it, so here's some OOOOOHHHH for the old PT thread sake :) hehe

Note: You can see by my posts I've been away for A WEEK :eek: and I have to catch up, so I've been reading and postin like crazy tonight, and I'll stop now...two hours on the PJ forum, enough for today...need to get some sleep! :)
    Here's the thread:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=117132
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    i just did a search on the search button and got a recipe for crab corn chowder!
    i think i just burst a chakra.
    Vice President of the Synchronicity Club.